- Reduce model creation times
- Create construction sequences
- Produce stunning client visuals
- Perform material volume calculations
- Represent complex 3D surfaces
Learn more about what SVDESIGNER can do for you...
What is SVDESIGNER?
SVDESIGNER is an easy-to-use application for building 3D conceptual models that can help you overcome the challenges of merging and analyzing data. With Bentley’s open modeling environment, SVDESIGNER enables you to visualize and manipulate geotechnical site data such as topology, boreholes, piezometers, and other field instrumentation data, as well as engineering staged construction and design.
- Create 3D conceptual models
Manipulate 3D geometry with to bridge the gap between raw data and conceptual models. SVDESIGNER makes it easy to edit existing geometry to represent the integration of new geotechnical designs with existing topology. SVDESIGNER also helps handle intersections of various surfaces, so 3D geometry can be represented accurately. You can produce exact meshes when objects overlap, and pitchouts become easy to take care of. In addition, you can simplify geometry by filtering out unwanted or unneeded sections.
- Produce visually appealing models
The powerful 3D immersive graphics engine enables you to build and manipulate simple to complex models. You do not need to make additional manipulation to access the report-ready results. The digital twin/ model visualizations of designs allows you to share the models and solutions, as the data interoperates with other Bentley analysis and design applications.
- Import data efficiently
Create 3D numerical models simply and efficiently. Import geostrata based on borehole data, or from one of many different file formats. Surfaces can be represented as grids or as triangulated surfaces (TINs). Once 3D geometry is created, it can be exported to numerical models in the form of 2D slices or as full 3D models. Locate boreholes on a site, visualize in 3D and integrate with design or topology data, while allowing the development of fence diagrams and 3D interpolation of geostrata layers.
- 2D and 3D views
- Cross-sectional views
- Configurable display features
- MSAA (antialiazing) support
- Define regions, surface grids, surface meshes (TINs), polygons, polylines, scatter points, piezometers, boreholes and fence diagrams
- CAD drawing functions available
- Customizable display features available
- Elevation and thickness contouring
- Reality modeling/image draping
- Live sensors
- Slurried deposition
- Advanced construction features available
- Import boreholes from gINT and CSV
- Import block models from CSV
- Import from OBJ, 3DS, DAT (TecPlot format), Plain ASCII/CSV, DEM, DTM, DXF Esri grid, STL, and LandXML
- Export data to flat file (CSV), OBJ, and STL
- Manual data input/editing
- Data transformations (translation, rotation, scaling)
- Surface adjustment (planar calculations, overlap testing)
- Kriging (for generating grids)
- Extrusion (generate surfaces from cross-sections)
- Set operations (union, xor, subtraction)
- Surface intersections
- Surface clean up and repair
- Mesh refinement
- Surface remeshing
- Merge operations (combine surfaces, regions, polygons)
- Boundary calculations
- Volume calculations
- Filling curve
- Surface cuts and excavations
- Build surfaces from boreholes and fence diagrams
- Depositional surfaces
Windows 7 (SP1 or later), Windows 8, Windows 10
Intel Pentium-based or AMD Athlon-based PC or workstation
4 GB minimum, 8 GB recommended, (more memory typically results in better performance)
1024 px by 768 px or better
2 GB free disk space
256 MB VRAM minimum, with full support for OpenGL 3.3
Get more information about SVDESIGNER today...
We were able to quickly develop the conceptual 3D model with SoilVision using topographic data, borehole logs, and 2D geologic cross-sections. Once the conceptual model was built, we were able to analyze multiple potential failure locations and orientations in excellent time. The SoilVision team responded quickly to questions and spent as much time as was necessary to help. We highly recommend this software for analyzing similar projects.Justin Knudsen, P.E. Senior, Civil/Geotechnical Engineer, Tierra Group
Your peers were also interested in...
Structural analysis and design software
Perform comprehensive analysis and design for any size or type of structure, with any material, quickly and with confidence.
3D geotechnical engineering software
Model and analyze geo-engineering projects with finite element analysis in 3D.
2D geotechnical engineering software
Model and analyze geo-engineering projects with finite element analysis in 2D.
In this post we will see a brief overview and general demonstration of SVSLOPE 2D. For this we will take help of two videos.
Taking an example open pit we will use four videos to expand on the various aspects of surface intersections with SVDESIGNER