- Design and analyze industrial plants, buildings, and more
- Produce automated documentation
- Integrate structural workflows for steel or concrete projects
Learn more about what Structural WorkSuite can do for you…
What is Structural WorkSuite? What is Structural WorkSuite used for?
Structural WorkSuite is a bundle of Bentley's most popular structural applications in a single cost-effective license. This cost-effective bundle of structural analysis applications includes applications like RAM and STAAD. It helps engineers on tight budgets take advantage of comprehensive workflows to take a project from concept through completion.
Structural WorkSuite is ideal for companies of any size.
What software products are included in Structural WorkSuite?
- STAAD.Pro Advanced Analysis and Advanced Concrete Design (RCDC)
- STAAD Foundation Advanced
- RAM Structural System which includes RAM Steel, RAM Frame Steel Design, RAM Concrete, RAM Frame Analysis, and RAM Foundation
- RAM Concept which includes RAM Concept Post Tension
- RAM Elements
- RAM Connection
- Structural Synchronizer
- Microstran (Optional: Design codes AS4100 and NZS3404)
With Structural WorkSuite you can:
- Design using any material
Design steel, concrete, timber, aluminum, and cold-formed steel structures anywhere in the world using included international design codes.
- Save time with automation
Automatically convert your physical model into an analytical model to streamline your workflow.
- Improve collaboration and productivity
Streamline multi-discipline team collaboration through broad interoperability with Bentley desktop and cloud and mobile applications like OpenBuildings, AutoPIPE, Revit, and Tekla. Optimize concrete and steel BIM workflows with the full integration of physical members and surfaces. View and edit models from mobile devices.
- Integrate steel and concrete designs
Take advantage of advanced concrete design detailing, documentation as well as steel autodrafter features.
What other software products is Structural WorkSuite compatible with?
- RAM Connection
- RAM Concept
- RAM Structural System
- RCDC (for concrete design/detailing)
- MicroStation (basic DXF)
- Any third-party app using OpenSTAAD
- 3rd parties developed their own interop:
- PDMS (AVEVA)
- SmartPlant (Haxagon)
How much does Structural WorkSuite cost?
A practitioner license of Structural WorkSuite costs $4,076 USD when purchase through Virtuosity.com. STAAD.Pro Advanced alone costs $3,835 USD. Prices vary per region. To see the price in your region, select your region at the bottom of the page. While there are various types of licensing available, a common choice is the 12-month practitioner license offered through Virtuosity, Bentley's eCommerce store. When you purchase through Virtuosity you get a Virtuoso Subscription which means you get both the software AND the training, expert services, and custom mentoring you need to get started quickly.
Expert services and tailored training, when and where you need it.
At Virtuosity, we understand how important it is to get the most out of every working moment. You need to limit downtime, and use each software application to its fullest potential. There is just no time to spare. That's why every software purchase through Virtuosity comes as a bundle with “Keys” or credits that can be redeemed for expert services and training, so you can get started right away. Learn more about our training options.We call this bundle the Virtuoso Subscription.
Each practitioner license comes with a number of "Keys" and you can always purchase additional "Keys" as you go.
There is a menu of expert services and training options that you can redeem your "Keys" for:
|Quick start training
Virtual classroom training is a great way to quick-start your success.
|1 key||2 hours|
|Recorded online sessions
OnDemand sessions can be very helpful and convenient. They include information on the latest software, workflows, and systems.
|1 key||2 hours|
Standard training offers a thorough understanding of general features, workflows and tools of the application.
|1 key||4 hours|
With tailored training you can set your own agenda for training and get something to suit your specific requirements.
|1 key||2 hours|
If you have a challenging or unique project, you may choose to expand your team with one of our experts.
|1 key||2 hours|
Get one-on-one mentoring from a product expert. Choose from a variety of topics including design, analysis, and modeling techniques.
|1 key||2 hours|
- Graphical capabilities. Models can be created quickly and accurately using structural grids, tooltips to highlight data, frame generators, and a structure wizard for standard structural frames
- Visualization. From simple wire frames for speed, accuracy, and ease of use to fully rendered 3D models for clear mass distribution and presentation
- All new advanced IDE style Editor with IntelliSense, Database Integration, and context sensitive help
- Meshing capabilities. Triangular or quadrilateral meshes created from zones within defined models or imported from DXF files
- Load generators. Seismic UBC, IBC, ASME wind and snow, bridge loading BEAVA
- Customizable interface with VBA tools. Create windows and tables to your own specifications. SQL query builder
- Building Planner. Special modeling environment for building structures (requires SELECT or ELS)
- Beams. Standard linear, curved and physical beams, compression/tension only, with databases of sections from around the world
- Plates. 3- or 4-noded 2D plates and surface objects with holes
- Solid. Solid 3D bricks from 4- to 8-noded
- Supports. Foundation and multilinear springs
- Loads. Full range of loads for static and dynamic analysis that can be defined explicitly or calculated using the wide range of load generators
- Elastic. Traditional first order including iterative one-way analysis
- P-Delta. Both large and small P-Delta including stress-stiffening effects
- Imperfection. Account for imperfections in structural geometry
- Dynamic. Modal analysis including stress-stiffening eigen solution and steady-state options, time history, and response spectrums
- Advanced solver, the staple of STAAD for over 20 years is now up to 1,000 times faster
- Section Wizard. Calculate properties of built-up sections, drawn freehand, parametrically defined, or imported from a CAD drawing
- Interactive graphics. Linked tables and windows to get direct feedback from one item in related windows
- Output file. Simple clear information to verify the analysis
- User report. Create high-quality documents
- Contoured stress plots. Using automatic or user-configured scales, colors, and limits
- Animations. View displacements, stress contours, or mode shapes dynamically
- RAM Connection. Joints defined in the model with the forces calculated from the analysis can be passed into the leading connection design application
- Bentley AutoPIPE. Pass the STAAD.Pro structural steel frame into AutoPIPE to correctly account for the pipe support stiffnesses and import the pipe engineers support reactions back into the model for an accurate design in a fraction of the time of traditional methods
- STAAD Foundation Advanced. Import the STAAD support reactions and positions directly to design the structure foundations
- RAM Concept. Floor slabs can be identified and linked to RAM Concept for full RC and PT design and detailing in a state-of-the-art application
- ProStructures and OpenBuildings Designer. Two-way link to support creating models with design and construction documents
- OpenSTAAD is an API from which STAAD data can be extracted directly into custom programs or applications such as Microsoft Word or Excel. You can even use OpenSTAAD to drive the creation of STAAD.Pro models, run the analysis, and view the results with your own interface
- CAD, DXF. Use CAD models as the base wire frame, structural grid, or outline of a complex deck that needs to be meshed
- CIS/2. Exchange data with other steel design packages
Design and Documentation
- Steel Design
- Choose from over 50 regional design codes
- Integrated with the analysis process
- Integrated steel drawing production using Steel Autodrafter (requires SELECT or ELS)
- Chinese steel design module available
- Concrete Design
- Basic Concrete Design: Select from 18 design codes. Quick and integrated with analysis process
- Advanced Concrete Design. 12 additional regional design codes. Integrated concrete design, detailing, and drawing production (requires STAAD.Pro Advanced)
- Timber. Support for design codes such as US, Canada, Eurocode
- Aluminum design (US)
Intel Pentium or AMD processor 2.0 GHz or greater
Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1 or 7 32 or 64 bit OS
1 GB minimum, 2 GB recommended. Additional memory potentially improves performance, particularly when working with larger models. 4 GB or more can help speed up solutions for very large complex models with large numbers of load cases.
Requirements will vary depending on the modules you are installing. A typical minimum is 500 MB free space.
Graphics card and monitor with 1280x1024 resolution, 256 color display (16-bit high color recommended) A sound card and speakers are needed for the tutorial movies and slide shows
Get more information about Structural WorkSuite today...
STAAD revolutionized the structural design process years ago, and even today, many years and versions later, it is still the most user-friendly solution and preferred by most designers.Vikrant Chaudhary, Tandon Consultants Pvt Ltd
Your peers were also interested in...
Steel connection design software
Analyze, design, and verify structural steel connections in seconds, all with comprehensive calculations, including seismic compliance.
Structural analysis and design software
Perform comprehensive analysis and design for any size or type of structure, with any material, quickly and with confidence.
RAM Structural System
Structural design software for buildings
RAM Structural System is a complete solution for analysis, design, drafting, and documentation for steel and concrete buildings, foundations, and other structural elements.