$ 2,633 – $ 3,845 12 month subscription license
- STAAD.Pro - Physical modeling and FEM analysis - The most basic STAAD option available
- STAAD.Pro Advanced - Complex analysis - Faster and more advanced
- Structural Enterprise - A single, cost effective license of the most popular structural applications
Learn more about what STAAD can do for you...
What is STAAD?
STAAD is a comprehensive structural finite element analysis and design application that includes powerful visualization capabilities and a wide range of international design codes. Using an easy-to-use intuitive interface, engineers can automatically convert physical models into an analytical model for a more streamlined workflow while conducting structural analysis. STAAD makes it easy to integrate structural analysis into a BIM workflow and share synchronized models for multi-discipline collaboration. STAAD’s powerful analysis capabilities allow users to perform analysis on any structure exposed to static, dynamic, wind, earthquake, thermal, and moving loads.
Because every firm has different needs, there are three flexible STAAD variations:
- STAAD.Pro – The most basic STAAD option including FEM analysis and physical modeling
- STAAD.Pro Advanced – Adds more advanced and complex analysis
- Structural Enterprise WorkSuite – The most popular structural applications in a single a cost-effective license
STAAD applications offer:
- Design using any material
Design steel, concrete, timber, aluminum, and cold-formed steel structures anywhere in the world using included international design codes, regardless of which STAAD option you choose.
- Save time with automation
Automatically convert your physical model into an analytical model to streamline your workflow.
- Improve collaboration
Streamline multi-discipline team collaboration through broad interoperability with Bentley desktop and cloud and mobile applications like OpenBuildings Designer, AutoPIPE, Revit, and Tekla. Optimize concrete and steel BIM workflows with the full integration of physical members and surfaces. View and edit models from mobile devices.
- Perform advanced analysis with confidence
STAAD undergoes the most demanding quality and testing program. Our procedures follow the requirements of 10CFR Part 50 Appendix B, 10CFR Part 21 and ASME NQA-1, which means STAAD has been approved for use on the design of nuclear power installations. STAAD offers many types of analysis ranging from finite element analysis to more complex seismic analysis.
What software products are included in Structural Enterprise WorkSuite?
Structural Enterprise WorkSuite eliminates concerns about product-by-product license availability by combining individually priced applications into a single bundle. It helps engineers on tight budgets take advantage of comprehensive workflows rather than being stuck with the inefficiencies and limitations of partial workflows. Each Structural Enterprise WorkSuite user can employ all applications within the software package with no extra fees.
Structural Enterprise WorkSuite includes:
- STAAD.Pro, Advanced Analysis and Advanced Concrete Design (RCDC)
- STAAD Foundation Advanced
- RAM Structural System which includes RAM Steel, RAM Frame Steel Design, RAM Concrete, RAM Frame Analysis, and RAM Foundation
- RAM Concept which includes tilt-up panel capabilities and RAM Concept Post Tension
- RAM Elements
- RAM Connection
- Structural Synchronizer
- Microstran.Advanced with design code
- Limcon with design code
Which version of STAAD is best for me?
What other software products is STAAD compatible with?
- STAAD Foundation Advanced
- RAM Connection
- RAM Concept
- RAM Structural System
- RCDC (for concrete design/detailing)
- MicroStation (basic DXF)
- Any third-party app using OpenSTAAD
- 3rd parties developed their own interop:
- PDMS (AVEVA)
- Smartplant (Intergraph)
- Graphical capabilities. Models can be created quickly and accurately using structural grids, tooltips to highlight data, frame generators, and a structure wizard for standard structural frames
- Visualization. From simple wire frames for speed, accuracy, and ease of use to fully rendered 3D models for clear mass distribution and presentation
- All new advanced IDE style Editor with IntelliSense, Database Integration, and context sensitive help
- Meshing capabilities. Triangular or quadrilateral meshes created from zones within defined models or imported from DXF files
- Load generators. Seismic UBC, IBC, ASME wind and snow, bridge loading BEAVA
- Customizable interface with VBA tools. Create windows and tables to your own specifications. SQL query builder
- Building Planner. Special modeling environment for building structures (requires SELECT or ELS)
- Beams. Standard linear, curved and physical beams, compression/tension only, with databases of sections from around the world
- Plates. 3- or 4-noded 2D plates and surface objects with holes
- Solid. Solid 3D bricks from 4- to 8-noded
- Supports. Foundation and multilinear springs
- Loads. Full range of loads for static and dynamic analysis that can be defined explicitly or calculated using the wide range of load generators
- Elastic. Traditional first order including iterative one-way analysis
- P-Delta. Both large and small P-Delta including stress-stiffening effects
- Imperfection. Account for imperfections in structural geometry
- Dynamic. Modal analysis including stress-stiffening eigen solution and steady-state options, time history, and response spectrums
- Advanced solver, the staple of STAAD for over 20 years is now up to 1,000 times faster
- Section Wizard. Calculate properties of built-up sections, drawn freehand, parametrically defined, or imported from a CAD drawing
- Interactive graphics. Linked tables and windows to get direct feedback from one item in related windows
- Output file. Simple clear information to verify the analysis
- User report. Create high-quality documents
- Contoured stress plots. Using automatic or user-configured scales, colors, and limits
- Animations. View displacements, stress contours, or mode shapes dynamically
- RAM Connection. Joints defined in the model with the forces calculated from the analysis can be passed into the leading connection design application
- Bentley AutoPIPE. Pass the STAAD.Pro structural steel frame into AutoPIPE to correctly account for the pipe support stiffnesses and import the pipe engineers support reactions back into the model for an accurate design in a fraction of the time of traditional methods
- STAAD Foundation Advanced. Import the STAAD support reactions and positions directly to design the structure foundations
- RAM Concept. Floor slabs can be identified and linked to RAM Concept for full RC and PT design and detailing in a state-of-the-art application
- ProStructures and OpenBuildings Designer. Two-way link to support creating models with design and construction documents
- OpenSTAAD is an API from which STAAD data can be extracted directly into custom programs or applications such as Microsoft Word or Excel. You can even use OpenSTAAD to drive the creation of STAAD.Pro models, run the analysis, and view the results with your own interface
- CAD, DXF. Use CAD models as the base wire frame, structural grid, or outline of a complex deck that needs to be meshed
- CIS/2. Exchange data with other steel design packages
Design and Documentation
- Steel Design. Choose from 50 codes from around the world
- Integrated steel drawing production using Steel Autodrafter (requires SELECT or ELS)
- Concrete Design. Select from 40 design codes, either in batch processing or the interactive Concrete Design Mode
- Advanced Concrete Design. Integrated concrete design, detailing, and drawing production (requires STAAD.Pro Advanced)
- Timber. Support four design codes
- Aluminum design
- Shear wall designs for U.S., Indian, and British codes
Intel Pentium or AMD processor 2.0 GHz or greater
Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1 or 7 32 or 64 bit OS
1 GB minimum, 2 GB recommended. Additional memory potentially improves performance, particularly when working with larger models. 4 GB or more can help speed up solutions for very large complex models with large numbers of load cases.
Requirements will vary depending on the modules you are installing. A typical minimum is 500 MB free space.
Graphics card and monitor with 1280x1024 resolution, 256 color display (16-bit high color recommended) A sound card and speakers are needed for the tutorial movies and slide shows
Get more information about STAAD today...
STAAD revolutionized the structural design process years ago, and even today, many years and versions later, it is still the most user-friendly solution and preferred by most designers.Vikrant Chaudhary, Tandon Consultants Pvt Ltd
Your peers were also interested in...
Concrete slab design software
Design post-tensioned and reinforced concrete floors and foundations efficiently and incorporate changes with powerful task automation.
Steel connection design software
Analyze, design, and verify structural steel connections in seconds, all with comprehensive calculations, including seismic compliance.
RAM Structural System
Structural design software for buildings
RAM Structural System is a complete solution for analysis, design, drafting, and documentation for steel and concrete buildings, foundations, and other structural elements.