- Easily model foundations from simple to complex
- Simplify challenging scenarios such as vibrating machine foundations
- Integrate your foundation design with the rest of the project
Learn more about what STAAD Foundation Advanced can do for you...
What is STAAD Foundation Advanced? What is STAAD Foundation Advanced used for?
STAAD Foundation Advanced is a comprehensive structural foundation design and analysis software application that includes specialized capabilities specific to foundation projects of all types. STAAD Foundation Advanced can be used on isolated, combined, pile cap and mat foundations or more complex foundations including horizontal vessel foundations, tank annular ringwall, lateral analysis of pile/drilled piers, and vibrational analysis for machine foundations.
Engineers and designers use STAAD Foundation Advanced for their foundation projects including those for building, plant, and tower foundations. With STAAD Foundation Advanced you can produce advanced calculation reports with to-the-scale footing sketches, graphs, and formulae with code reference along with CAD exportable detail, schedule, and general arrangement (GA) drawings.
STAAD Foundation Advanced is included in STAAD.Pro Advanced and in Structural WorkSuite which bundles together all of Bentley's most-popular structural applications, but it is also available as a stand-alone product.
How does STAAD Foundation Advanced help with foundation analysis and design?
- Integrate common footing designs
The software integrates all common footing designs including isolated footings, combined footings, pile-cap arrangement and design, octagonal footings, mat foundations, vibrating machine foundation, drilled pier foundations, and guyed tower foundations. The plant foundation mode in STAAD Foundation Advanced contains vertical vessel, horizontal vessel foundations with different shapes, and configurations along with annular ring foundation for self or mechanically anchored tanks, and laterally loaded drilled pier analysis. These accurate design capabilities are powered with wizard-based input, automatic load (wind and seismic) generation and configurable load combination capabilities. A wizard-based foundation solution mode called Foundation Toolkit is available for spread footing, combined footing, pile cap, drilled pier axial analysis, and guyed tower foundations.
- Optimize foundation design
STAAD Foundation Advanced supports many concrete codes: ACI 318-2005, ACI 318-2008, ACI 318-2011, BS 8110, IS-456-2000, AS 3600-2004, CSA 23.3-04, GB50007-2002 and EN 1992-1-1-2004. It also supports more specialized codes such as API 650 and ACI 351.3R-04. The program performs all necessary design checks for most optimized foundation design. Load-generation capabilities include wind and seismic load as well as automatic and user-defined load combinations. PIP STC 01015 code is implemented for equipment foundation load generation. 3D graphics enable engineers to quickly identify and investigate displaced shapes, stress contour, soil pressure, and reinforcement layout.
- Import and export with other applications
You can seamlessly integrate STAAD Foundation Advanced with STAAD.Pro, ISM (Integrated Structural Modeling) and Microsoft Excel. Any analyzed STAAD.Pro file can be imported into or exported to STAAD Foundation Advanced, while automatically bringing in all column positions (and/or plates), attached column dimensional properties, support reactions, and loads. Changes made to the column positions or loads can be re-imported to further evaluate the substructure. You can import and export input data from spreadsheets and can export detailed spreadsheet output.
- Perform Finite Element Analysis (FEM)
STAAD Foundation Advanced designs complex foundations using its object-based modeling environment via the mat foundation module. Whether it is rectangular, complex polygonal, circular, or includes openings, you can model, analyze, design, and produce drawings. The sophisticated mesh generation within STAAD Foundation Advanced automatically handles holes (cut-outs) as well as inner regions with different thicknesses or soil properties. Physical loading objects can be as diversified as irregular load, circular load, quadrilateral load, line load, and point load on space. STAAD Foundation Advanced leverages 3D FEM analysis and employs an innovative technique to optimize reinforcement requirements. The program automatically detects uplift and redistributes the force. For vibrational analysis of machine foundation, STAAD Foundation Advanced generates solid elements, dynamic loads, and analysis constraints based on user input.
- Generate detailed plan, elevation, and sectional views
You can generate detailed drawings that include plan, elevation, and sectional views with rebar marks. Schedule drawing gives a summary table for design results. GA drawings include all the footings designed in the project to scale with grid lines and grid marks that help identify interference. Drawings can be exported to DXF or DWG formats to produce site drawings. The most popular feature is Calculation Sheet, which displays detailed output with relevant code clauses and equations. Calculation Sheet also includes dynamically generated to-the-scale plan, elevation, sectional views, soil bearing diagrams, and summary sketch.
What software is used for structural foundation analysis?
STAAD Foundation Advanced is a popular structural analysis application known for advanced analysis on a wide range of foundation types and is interoperable with other various applications.
How much does STAAD Foundation Advanced cost?
A practitioner license of STAAD Foundation Advanced costs $1,902 USD at Virtuosity.com. To see the price in your local currency select your currency at the bottom of this page. While there are various types of licensing available, a common choice is the 12-month practitioner license offered through Virtuosity, Bentley's eCommerce store. When you purchase through Virtuosity you get a Virtuoso Subscription which means you get both the software AND the training, expert services, and custom mentoring you need to get started quickly.
Expert services and tailored training, when and where you need it.
At Virtuosity, we understand how important it is to get the most out of every working moment. You need to limit downtime, and use each software application to its fullest potential. There is just no time to spare. That's why every software purchase through Virtuosity comes as a bundle with “Keys” or credits that can be redeemed for expert services and training, so you can get started right away. Learn more about our training options.We call this bundle the Virtuoso Subscription.
Each practitioner license comes with a number of "Keys" and you can always purchase additional "Keys" as you go.
There is a menu of expert services and training options that you can redeem your "Keys" for:
|Quick start training
Virtual classroom training is a great way to quick-start your success.
|1 key||2 hours|
|Recorded online sessions
OnDemand sessions can be very helpful and convenient. They include information on the latest software, workflows, and systems.
|1 key||2 hours|
Standard training offers a thorough understanding of general features, workflows and tools of the application.
|1 key||4 hours|
With tailored training you can set your own agenda for training and get something to suit your specific requirements.
|1 key||2 hours|
If you have a challenging or unique project, you may choose to expand your team with one of our experts.
|1 key||2 hours|
Get one-on-one mentoring from a product expert. Choose from a variety of topics including design, analysis, and modeling techniques.
|1 key||2 hours|
- Intuitive graphical user interface; the workflow is categorized and arranged to flow from top to bottom
- Foundation project environment that includes isolated, combined, strap, pile cap, octagonal footing, mat, and rotating/reciprocating machine foundations; it connects all the modules through a global layer
- Tabbed view, navigator tree ribbon control and custom skin style
- Spreadsheet import/export integration with detailed output
- Physical mat foundation modeling environment that saves time and reduces errors by considering openings, control regions, physical beam, and column lines; provides an option for both triangular and quadrilateral plates
- Physical loading—like point load on space, irregular quadrilateral load, circular load, or line load that allows users to simulate any physical loading such as tank and wall loading
- Wizard-based simplified input for rotating/reciprocating machine foundation that creates solid elements with dynamic loading
- Seamlessly integrates with STAAD.Pro to import/export loadings, reactions, column positions; users can import any set of analyzed plates to design; tracks changes made in STAAD.Pro model and can merge the changes with STAAD Foundation file
- Powerful OpenGL-based graphics that help visualize output like displacements, stress on displaced shape, combined beam stress, and entities such as plates and beams in 3D for a realistic rendered view
- Automatic pile arrangement
- DXF export of detailed and GA drawing
- Detailed structural drawing with customizable drawing options and labels
- Base pressure and plate stress color contours
- Step-by-step detailed calculation sheet with code clauses and equations to verify output
- To-the-scale dynamic sketches in calculation sheet
- GA drawing with grid marks to help identify interferences
- Foundation grouping for production drawing and sample calculation
- Bending moment and shear force graphs for combined footing embedded in calculation sheet for critical load case
- Printable bending moment and shear force graphs for combined footing for all load cases
- Printable capacity graphs and analysis diagrams for laterally loaded drilled pier
Analysis and Design
- Support for both flexible and rigid methods. Optimize footing dimensions
- Sophisticated FEM static analysis for mat foundation and dynamic analysis for machine foundation powered by reliable STAAD analysis engine
- Support for an unlimited number of load cases and load combinations
- User-defined reinforcing zones and blocks for optimal reinforcement distribution
- Neglects design moments below columns for mat foundation
- Slab design along any cut line to simulate manual mat design technique
- Pedestal design
- Analysis for partial uplift caused by biaxial bending for all footing types
- United States
- ACI 318-2005
- ACI 318-2008
- ACI 318-2011
- United Kingdom - BS 8110
- India - IS 456-2000
- Australia - AS 3600-2004
- Canada - CSA A 23.3-04
- Chinese - GB50007-2002
- Euro - EN 1992-1-1-2004
Specific Features for Plant Foundations
- Specific modules for the plant industry such as vertical vessel foundation, heat exchanger foundation, annular ring tank foundation and laterally loaded drilled pier analysis
- Generates load combination automatically based on several country codes such as ASCE-7 and PIP STC 01015
- Generates wind load and zip-code-based seismic load automatically based on ASCE 7, IS 875, IS 1893
- Creates different configurations of vessel foundations
Foundation Toolkit Features
- Time-saving wizard-based input for isolated footings, combined footings, pile cap arrangement and design
- Drilled axial pier module supporting API and FHWA 1999 and alternative Vesic method
- Guyed tower foundation module based on ACI 318-05
Intel Pentium or AMD Athlon
Windows 7, 8, 10
500 GB recommended
300 MB free space. (2 GM recommended)
OpenGL 3D graphics supporting
Get more information about STAAD Foundation Advanced today...
STAAD revolutionized the structural design process years ago, and even today, many years and versions later, it is still the most user-friendly solution and preferred by most designers.Vikrant Chaudhary, Tandon Consultants Pvt Ltd
Your peers were also interested in...
Communication tower analysis and design software
With OpenTower Designer you can efficiently design, model, and visualize communication towers faster than ever.
RAM Structural System
Structural design software for buildings
RAM Structural System is a complete solution for analysis, design, drafting, and documentation for steel and concrete buildings, foundations, and other structural elements.
Structural analysis and design software
Perform comprehensive analysis and design for any size or type of structure, with any material, quickly and with confidence.
Importing Repeat load cases in RCDC can now be done as it can now read the Repeat load cases when any model is imported to RCDC.
Line load in STAAD.Pro physical modeler can be defined by reference line which can be used to define line loads across surfaces to model non-structural line loads