- Perform various building structure analysis
- Design lateral resisting frames
- Analyze and design tilt-up concrete buildings
- Comply with seismic requirements
- Produce comprehensive deliverables and reports
Learn more about what RAM Structural System can do for you...
What is RAM Structural System? What is RAM Structural System used for?
RAM Structural System is structural design software for buildings.
Bentley RAM Structural System helps structural engineers save time by automating tasks that are tedious, repetitive, and time-consuming. RAM Structural System provides everything an engineer needs to deliver on concrete and steel-framed building systems subject to lateral, dynamic, and gravity loads.
- Perform analysis
Perform analysis on just about any building structural configuration including flat concrete slabs, slab and beam systems, composite steel-framed floors, shear walls, moment frames, braced frames, isolated footings, strip footings, mat foundations, or any combination of these systems.
- Automatically optimize drift and shear-wall design force calculations
With integrated post-processing modules for drift and shear wall force, RAM Structural System helps engineers easily optimize designs. The Drift module graphically identifies members that have the most significant contribution to structure drift, so it’s easy to optimize member sizes to control drift. The Shear Wall Force post-processor provides design forces where needed, through piers, between wall openings, or between levels.
- Produce design documentation and detailed reports
Update your documentation, plans, and elevations automatically as changes are made to the 3D model. Detailed and graphical reports for the entire structure or just individual members can be generated throughout each step of analysis and design.
- Design tilt-up walls
RAM Structural System is a complete solution for tilt panel structures, including lateral load distribution, eccentricities produced by gravity loads, slender wall effects, design and reinforcing layout in walls considering openings, and foundation design.
- Comply with seismic requirements
Design and detail seismic force-resisting systems, generating seismic loads according to the relevant building code.
Where can I find RAM Structural System tutorials?
Whilst lots of RAM Structural System tutorials can be found on Bentley Communities, here are some FREE RAM Structural System webinars available at Virtuosity, a Bentley company.
Where can I get RAM Structural System training or find RAM Structural System courses?
If you want to receive tailored training or attend a RAM Structural System course that is specific to your project requirement, Virtuosity offers extra training and mentoring services. You can choose from tailor-made training, on-demand learning, consulting services, mentoring and more. Learn more about Expert Services at Virtuosity here.
What is the price of RAM Structural System? How much does RAM Structural System cost?
A practitioner license of RAM Structural System costs $ 3,200 USD at Virtuosity.com. Prices vary per region. To see the price in your region, select your region at the bottom of the page. While there are various types of licensing available, a common choice is the 12-month practitioner license offered through Virtuosity, Bentley's eCommerce store. When you purchase through Virtuosity you get a Virtuoso Subscription which means you get both the software AND the training, expert services, and custom mentoring you need to get started quickly.
Expert services and tailored training, when and where you need it.
At Virtuosity, we understand how important it is to get the most out of every working moment. You need to limit downtime, and use each software application to its fullest potential. There is just no time to spare. That's why every software purchase through Virtuosity comes as a bundle with “Keys” or credits that can be redeemed for expert services and training, so you can get started right away. Learn more about our training options.We call this bundle the Virtuoso Subscription.
Each practitioner license comes with a number of "Keys" and you can always purchase additional "Keys" as you go.
There is a menu of expert services and training options that you can redeem your "Keys" for:
|Quick start training
Virtual classroom training is a great way to quick-start your success.
|1 key||2 hours|
|Recorded online sessions
OnDemand sessions can be very helpful and convenient. They include information on the latest software, workflows, and systems.
|1 key||2 hours|
Standard training offers a thorough understanding of general features, workflows and tools of the application.
|1 key||4 hours|
With tailored training you can set your own agenda for training and get something to suit your specific requirements.
|1 key||2 hours|
If you have a challenging or unique project, you may choose to expand your team with one of our experts.
|1 key||2 hours|
Get one-on-one mentoring from a product expert. Choose from a variety of topics including design, analysis, and modeling techniques.
|1 key||2 hours|
General Analysis and Design Features
- Static and dynamic analysis of buildings with moment frames, braced frames, shear walls and/or any combination of these systems
- Members with any material types, including steel, concrete, or user-defined materials
- Automated mesh generation for walls and diaphragms
- Analysis with tension-only members
- AISC 360 Direct Analysis Method option
- P-delta analysis option
- Foundation springs
- Rigid, semirigid, and flexible diaphragms
- Construction sequence analysis
- Concrete creep and shrinkage analysis
- Automatic generation of steel and concrete design load combinations per specified code
- Automatic calculation of K-factors (effective length factors) and unbraced lengths, with user override capability
Static Load Generation Features
- Gravity loads distributed and applied to structural model in RAM Frame
- Live load reduction factors automatically calculated
- Automatic calculation of member self-weights for beams, columns, walls, slabs, and decks
- Automatic generation of wind story forces per IS875, IBC, ASCE 7, UBC, BOCA, SBC, BS 6399, NBC of Canada, AS/ NZS 1170.2, China GB 50011, and Eurocode
- Automatic generation of seismic story forces per IS1893, IBC, ASCE 7, UBC, BOCA, SBC, NBC of Canada, AS/NZS 1170.2, China GB 50011, and Eurocode
- Automatic calculation of notional loads based on dead, live, roof, and snow loads on diaphragms and on members, per IS800, AISC 360, BS 5950, BS 8110, CAN/CSA S16, AS 4100 or user-defined notional load cases
Dynamic Analysis Features
- Automatic calculation of structural mass properties (story mass, center of mass, and mass moment of inertia)
- Optional inclusion of effects of the offset of center of mass to account for accidental torsion moments
- Response Spectra analysis, with option for SRSS or CQC combination of modal results with signs, and option to consider eccentricity of story masses
Reports, Outputs, and Other Graphical Features
- Animated deflected shapes
- Calculation of story drifts at any point in the structure
- Automatically generates CAD DXF export of frame and wall elevations
- Analysis and design results displayed graphically or in text format with ability to export
- Comprehensive material takeoff, including piece count and steel tonnage allowing for comparison of various design schemes
Steel Standard Design Features
- Member and joint design checks based on IS800, AISC 360 LRFD and ASD, AISC 9th ASD, AISC 3rd LRFD, BS 5950, CAN/CSA S16, AS 4100, and Eurocode
- Designs column web plates (doublers) and stiffeners (continuity plates) for wind and low seismic applications
- Automatically calculates effective length factors, flange bracing, and unbraced lengths
- Full interactive control for review and design refinement
Steel Seismic Design Features
- Performs additional special seismic code design and detailing checks for members and joints, based on AISC 341 ASD and LRFD, AISC 358 and 2002 LRFD, UBC 1997 LRFD and ASD, and FEMA 350
- Automatically generates seismic load combinations
- Supports all concentric braced frame, eccentric braced frame, and moment frame structural systems
- Considers reduced beam sections (dogbone) where applicable in moment-frame joint checks
- Analyzes and designs Star Seismic and CoreBrace Buckling Restrained Braces, and SidePlate and DuraFuse Moment Frame connections
- Supports all seismic zones for each seismic code
- Provides a functionality to study and control the drift behavior of buildings
- Provides detailed analysis results for shears, moments, and axial forces in shear walls
- Allows the engineer to define vertical and horizontal section. Cuts through any cross-section on any wall
- Cross-section forces reported either per load case or per load combination
Tilt-up Building Design
- 2nd-order analysis for slenderness effect of thin walls
- Out-of-plane wind pressure
- Comprehensive modeling (including gaps and reveals), analysis, and design
Need something more comprehensive? Learn about Structural Enterprise WorkSuite.
Intel or AMD processor 2.0 GHz or greater
Windows 7, 7 x 64, 8.1, 8.1 x 64, and 10 x 64 RAM 2 GB minimum recommended
500 MB free disk space recommended
OpenGL compatibility recommended
Get more information about RAM Structural System today...
In this project alone, the RAM Structural System saved WSP approximately 40% of the overall structural design time. Literally months of design time was saved using RAM.WSP, Parsons Brinkerhoff
Your peers were also interested in...
Steel connection design software
Analyze, design, and verify structural steel connections in seconds, all with comprehensive calculations, including seismic compliance.
Structural analysis and design software
Perform comprehensive analysis and design for any size or type of structure, with any material, quickly and with confidence.
Concrete slab design software
Design post-tensioned and reinforced concrete floors and foundations efficiently and incorporate changes with powerful task automation.
RAM Concept CONNECT Edition interoperability with STAAD.Pro CONNECT Edition helps to design different types of slabs like regular slab, flat slab and post tensioned slab which are modelled as plate el