- Perform various building structure analysis
- Design lateral resisting frames
- Analyze and design tilt-up concrete buildings
- Comply with seismic requirements
- Produce comprehensive deliverables and reports
Learn more about what RAM Structural System can do for you...
What is RAM Structural System?
RAM Structural System is a structural analysis and design application that helps structural engineers save time by automating tasks that are tedious, repetitive, and time-consuming. It provides everything an engineer needs to deliver on concrete and steel-framed building systems subject to lateral, dynamic, and gravity loads.
- Perform analysis
Perform analysis on just about any building structural configuration including flat concrete slabs, slab and beam systems, composite steel-framed floors, shear walls, moment frames, braced frames, isolated footings, strip footings, mat foundations, or any combination of these systems.
- Automatically optimize drift and shear-wall design force calculations
With integrated post-processing modules for drift and shear wall force, RAM Structural System helps engineers easily optimize designs. The Drift module graphically identifies members that have the most significant contribution to structure drift, so it’s easy to optimize member sizes to control drift. The Shear Wall Force post-processor provides design forces where needed, through piers, between wall openings, or between levels.
- Produce design documentation and detailed reports
Update your documentation, plans, and elevations automatically as changes are made to the 3D model. Detailed and graphical reports for the entire structure or just individual members can be generated throughout each step of analysis and design.
- Design tilt-up walls
Account for analytical separation between adjacent walls and eccentric gravity loads on walls and perform elastic second-order analysis for consideration of slenderness effects.
- Comply with seismic requirements
Design and detail seismic force-resisting systems, generating seismic loads according to the relevant building code.
- Detail and schedule concrete reinforcing
Produce rebar placing drawings, including sections, plans, details, bar bending schedules, material take-offs and beam/column/footing schedules.
General Analysis and Design Features
- Static and dynamic analysis of buildings with moment frames, braced frames, shear walls and/or any combination of these systems
- Members with any material types, including steel, concrete, or user-defined materials
- Automated mesh generation for walls and diaphragms
- Analysis with tension-only members
- AISC 360 Direct Analysis Method option
- P-delta analysis option
- Foundation springs
- Rigid, semirigid, and flexible diaphragms
- Construction sequence analysis
- Concrete creep and shrinkage analysis
- Automatic generation of steel and concrete design load combinations per specified code
- Automatic calculation of K-factors (effective length factors) and unbraced lengths, with user override capability
Static Load Generation Features
- Gravity loads distributed and applied to structural model in RAM Frame
- Live load reduction factors automatically calculated
- Automatic calculation of member self-weights for beams, columns, walls, slabs, and decks
- Automatic generation of wind story forces per IS875, IBC, ASCE 7, UBC, BOCA, SBC, BS 6399, NBC of Canada, AS/ NZS 1170.2, China GB 50011, and Eurocode
- Automatic generation of seismic story forces per IS1893, IBC, ASCE 7, UBC, BOCA, SBC, NBC of Canada, AS/NZS 1170.2, China GB 50011, and Eurocode
- Automatic calculation of notional loads based on dead, live, roof, and snow loads on diaphragms and on members, per IS800, AISC 360, BS 5950, BS 8110, CAN/CSA S16, AS 4100 or user-defined notional load cases
Dynamic Analysis Features
- Automatic calculation of structural mass properties (story mass, center of mass, and mass moment of inertia)
- Optional inclusion of effects of the offset of center of mass to account for accidental torsion moments
- Response Spectra analysis, with option for SRSS or CQC combination of modal results with signs, and option to consider eccentricity of story masses
Reports, Outputs, and Other Graphical Features
- Animated deflected shapes
- Calculation of story drifts at any point in the structure
- Automatically generates CAD DXF export of frame and wall elevations
- Analysis and design results displayed graphically or in text format with ability to export
- Comprehensive material takeoff, including piece count and steel tonnage allowing for comparison of various design schemes
Steel Standard Design Features
- Member and joint design checks based on IS800, AISC 360 LRFD and ASD, AISC 9th ASD, AISC 3rd LRFD, BS 5950, CAN/CSA S16, AS 4100, and Eurocode
- Designs column web plates (doublers) and stiffeners (continuity plates) for wind and low seismic applications
- Automatically calculates effective length factors, flange bracing, and unbraced lengths
- Full interactive control for review and design refinement
Steel Seismic Design Features
- Performs additional special seismic code design and detailing checks for members and joints, based on AISC 341 ASD and LRFD, AISC 358 and 2002 LRFD, UBC 1997 LRFD and ASD, and FEMA 350
- Automatically generates seismic load combinations
- Supports all concentric braced frame, eccentric braced frame, and moment frame structural systems
- Considers reduced beam sections (dogbone) where applicable in moment-frame joint checks
- Analyzes and designs Star Seismic and CoreBrace Buckling Restrained Braces, and SidePlate and DuraFuse Moment Frame connections
- Supports all seismic zones for each seismic code
- Provides a functionality to study and control the drift behavior of buildings
- Provides detailed analysis results for shears, moments, and axial forces in shear walls
- Allows the engineer to define vertical and horizontal section. Cuts through any cross-section on any wall
- Cross-section forces reported either per load case or per load combination
Tilt-up Building Design
- 2nd-order analysis for slenderness effect of thin walls
- Out-of-plane wind pressure
- Comprehensive modeling (including gaps and reveals), analysis, and design
Need something more comprehensive? Learn about Structural Enterprise WorkSuite.
Intel or AMD processor 2.0 GHz or greater
Windows 7, 7 x 64, 8.1, 8.1 x 64, and 10 x 64 RAM 2 GB minimum recommended
500 MB free disk space recommended
OpenGL compatibility recommended
Get more information about RAM Structural System today...
In this project alone, the RAM Structural System saved WSP approximately 40% of the overall structural design time. Literally months of design time was saved using RAM.WSP, Parsons Brinkerhoff
Your peers were also interested in...
Structural analysis and design software
Design any structure, with any material, with one integrated set of applications.
Steel connection design software
Analyze and design of any connection type and verify your connections in seconds.
Concrete slab design software
Design concrete slabs, mats, and rafts with efficiency, and practicality.