- Design structural components out of any material
- Design trusses, beams, frames, walls
- Perform design checks
- Produce detailed reports and drawings
Learn more about what RAM Elements can do for you...
What is RAM Elements? What is RAM Elements used for?
RAM Elements is a 3D structural analysis and design software.
RAM Elements helps engineers and designers perform design tasks for steel, concrete, cold-formed steel, timber, and masonry building projects within a single easy-to-learn and use application. With a simple graphic interface, users have the ability to quickly design trusses, continuous beams, frames, retaining walls, masonry walls, tilt-up walls, shear walls, or footings.
- Streamline your work with a single software application
With full 3D finite element analysis and design plus stand-alone or integrated design modules all in an easy-to-use package, RAM Elements eliminates the need to learn different programs for steel, concrete, masonry, wood, or cold-formed steel design and eliminates the need to purchase additional products for specialized projects like retaining walls or tilt-up walls.
- Design comprehensive structural models more easily
Make modeling even the more complex projects faster and easier by taking advantage of modeling capabilities that offer increased flexibility. Leverage the customizable desktop environment, so your most common commands are readily accessible. RAM Elements offers physical member modeling features so you can design as an engineer, without being a finite element specialist. Design components as part of your 2D or 3D finite element model effortlessly, by bringing all the information into the design module automatically. Perform all the necessary design checks including the production of complete drawings detailed reports and detailing rebar requirements.
- Customize your work
Model quickly and accurately with customizable features and conform to your company standards. Customize toolbars, model views, display options, and unit systems and easily create templates so it’s easier to replicate on your everyday design structures and save time on every project.
Where can I find RAM Elements tutorials or a RAM Elements demo?
RAM Elements tutorials can be found on Bentley Communities, however here are some FREE RAM webinars at Virtuosity, a Bentley company.
Where can I get RAM Elements training or RAM Elements courses?
If you want to receive tailored training or attend a RAM Elements course, Virtuosity offers extra training and mentoring services. You can choose from tailor-made training, on-demand learning, consulting services, mentoring and more. Learn more about Expert Services at Virtuosity here.
What is the price of RAM Elements? How much does RAM Elements cost?
A practitioner license of RAM Elements costs $ 1,200 USD at Virtuosity.com. Prices vary per region. To see the price in your region, select your region at the bottom of the page. While there are various types of licensing available, a common choice is the 12-month practitioner license offered through Virtuosity, Bentley's eCommerce store. When you purchase through Virtuosity you get a Virtuoso Subscription which means you get both the software AND the training, expert services, and custom mentoring you need to get started quickly.
Expert services and tailored training, when and where you need it.
At Virtuosity, we understand how important it is to get the most out of every working moment. You need to limit downtime, and use each software application to its fullest potential. There is just no time to spare. That's why every software purchase through Virtuosity comes as a bundle with “Keys” or credits that can be redeemed for expert services and training, so you can get started right away. Learn more about our training options.We call this bundle the Virtuoso Subscription.
Each practitioner license comes with a number of "Keys" and you can always purchase additional "Keys" as you go.
There is a menu of expert services and training options that you can redeem your "Keys" for:
|Quick start training
Virtual classroom training is a great way to quick-start your success.
|1 key||2 hours|
|Recorded online sessions
OnDemand sessions can be very helpful and convenient. They include information on the latest software, workflows, and systems.
|1 key||2 hours|
Standard training offers a thorough understanding of general features, workflows and tools of the application.
|1 key||4 hours|
With tailored training you can set your own agenda for training and get something to suit your specific requirements.
|1 key||2 hours|
If you have a challenging or unique project, you may choose to expand your team with one of our experts.
|1 key||2 hours|
Get one-on-one mentoring from a product expert. Choose from a variety of topics including design, analysis, and modeling techniques.
|1 key||2 hours|
- Dynamic analysis (eigenvalue and response spectra) with CQC, SRSS and ABS methods for superposition and subspace iteration, Ritz vectors and Lanczos/Arnoldi for eigen analysis
- Iterative nonlinear P-Delta analysis
- Linear Buckling analysis (Lanczos/Arnoldi or Subspace iteration)
- Tension-only members
- Compression-only springs
- Springs to connect members for semi-rigid joints, setting the rotational stiffness at the member ends
- Flexible or rigid floor diaphragms
- Automatic mass generation with or without the need for rigid diaphragms
- Prismatic and real tapered member analysis (exact stiffness finite element)
- In-plane and out-of-plane stresses in shells
- Allows imposed nodal displacements
- Import of DXF, STAAD.Pro®, RAM Structural System, OpenRE and SAP2000™ as well as full integration with Structural Synchronizer (ISM) Export to DXF, SDNF, OpenRE and RAM SBeam
- Hot rolled steel design per AISC 360-16, 2010 and 2005 (in both ASD or LRFD), AISC 341-16, 2010 and 2005, BS 5950-1:2000, AS 4100-1998, CSA S16-09 and NBR 8800-08
- Specialty checks for tapered members (AISC DG 25) and member torsion design (AISC DG 9)
- Cold-formed steel design per AISI S100-16, 2012, 2007 and 2001
- Reinforced concrete design per ACI 318-14, 11, 08, and 05, plus BS 8110-1:1997
- Reinforced/unreinforced masonry design per ACI 530-13,11, 08, and 05 in ASD and SD
- Wood design (sawed lumber, timber, or glulam) per ANSI/ AF&PA NDS-2005 in ASD and LRFD
Design/ Detailing Modules
- Reinforced concrete beam, column, and footing design
- Designs for flexure, shear, and torsion for beams
- Designs for axial, bi-axial bending, shear, and slenderness effects for columns
- Seismic provisions for column detailing
- Calculation of lap length, development length, and cutoff points
- Retaining wall design
- Analysis and design of reinforced or unreinforced concrete or masonry retaining walls
- Options to define cantilever, gravity, or restrained retaining walls (with a lateral restraint and pinned or fixed bases)
- Tapered stems or stems with several blocks with thickness and reinforcement changes
- Axial loads on the stem are considered (with or without eccentricity)
- Continuous beam design
- Steel, wood, or concrete beams
- Automatic skip loading
- Tilt-up wall design
- Fixed, pinned, or compression-only springs for the bottom support of the wall
- Simplified or finite element analysis methods
- Automatic design according to the ACI 551 code in addition to ACI 318
- Vertical concentrated and distributed in-plane loads: dead or live, with or without eccentricity lateral distributed out-of-plane loads: wind or seismic
- Isolated or continuous footings option
- Masonry wall design
- Bearing walls, shear walls, columns, and lintels
- Unreinforced or reinforced bearing and/or shear walls
- FEM (finite elements method) analysis of the wall
- Reinforced concrete shear wall design
- Consideration of boundary elements as columns or flanges
- Analysis of the wall with FEM
- Vertical concentrated loads with or without eccentricity
- Vertical distributed in-plane loads
1.3 GHz or faster processor (x64)
Microsoft Windows 7 or higher
2 GB minimum, 4 GB Recommended
1 GB free disk space for installation
2 GB available for analyzing models
675 MB root folder installation and other 300 MB for prerequisites if needed
Open GL compatible graphics card with at least 512 MB in video memory 1024x768 minimum screen resolution
Latest OS service packs and graphics card drivers are always recommended.
System printer correctly installed. To install the software, administrative rights are necessary.
Get more information about RAM Elements today...
Bentley solutions allowed us to work more efficiency, saving significant resource hours and materials.Manuel Robles Romero, Structural Project Manager, Answer Ingeniería
Your peers were also interested in...
RAM Structural System
Structural design software for buildings
RAM Structural System is a complete solution for analysis, design, drafting, and documentation for steel and concrete buildings, foundations, and other structural elements.
Concrete slab design software
Design post-tensioned and reinforced concrete floors and foundations efficiently and incorporate changes with powerful task automation.
Steel connection design software
Analyze, design, and verify structural steel connections in seconds, all with comprehensive calculations, including seismic compliance.
RAM Concept CONNECT Edition interoperability with STAAD.Pro CONNECT Edition helps to design different types of slabs like regular slab, flat slab and post tensioned slab which are modelled as plate el