$ 3,956 12 month subscription license
- Quickly extract 2D drawings that automatically update when the 3D model changes
- Easily exchange information with other disciplines through interoperability with other applications
- Efficiently create parametric assembly modeling for common objects such as steel stairs, handrails, and ladders
- Rapidly investigate multiple scenarios to provide the most economical options to your client
Learn more about what ProSteel can do for you...
What is ProSteel?
ProSteel is a comprehensive steel detailing and fabrication design software that helps you efficiently and accurately develop models and documentation for steel structures. You can confidently deliver an intuitive 3D modeling system that is perfectly suited to layout complex steel structures and extract engineering, fabrication, and erection drawings with automatic updates whenever the 3D model is changed. Additionally, you can generate and update in-drawing, external reports, and bills of material.
- Create accurate models
ProSteel provides you with an array of easy-to-master capabilities to create and modify structural steel objects. Parametric connections and behaviors allow more complicated steel assemblies to be developed quickly and accurately. The template and style features enhance your productivity while you share and maintain standards. The large selection of modification features allow you to manage and maintain changes to elements while the provided view and classification capabilities allow you to change the way the model is displayed. Another powerful part of ProSteel is a mature API/SDK allowing you to write your own custom applications, which can range from simple to very complex based on your specific needs.
- Deliver high-quality documentation with fabrication drawings
A variety of 2D documents can be automatically generated from the 3D model. This increases efficiency and minimizes errors through a streamlined process to generate such documents. All drawings and bills of material are directly linked to the 3D model to maintain their fidelity and accuracy. Documents are created through integrated user-customizable rules, such as the powerful form generator for bills of material and the detail style wizard for all types of 2D drawing.
- Re-use structural steel data
Data duplication is eliminated by being able to share structural data across the entire project team by integrating seamlessly with other facets of the engineering design chain. This helps project teams streamline workflows, enhance collaboration, and maximize productivity. You can easily exchange the structural model with the structural analysis and design software application and share accurate and up-to-date 3D structural models with the entire project team. ProSteel integrates with other Bentley products, as well as the most common third-party structural products.
Furthermore, ProSteel enables you to:
- Design structural steel connections
Design and detail structural steel connections, including beam-to-beam, beam-to-column, brace end, and complex multi-member connections. Simplify the arrangement of plates, stiffeners, bolts, and welds with a comprehensive library of standard connection types. Easily compare the costs and practicality of connection scenarios.
- Design to international standards
Extend the reach of your business practice and take advantage of global design opportunities by using a wide range of international standards and specifications in our design products. Complete your designs with confidence with extensive support of international standards.
- Model structural steel
Model structural steel shapes such as beams, columns, and braces, based on country-specific steel tables or user-defined shapes. Complete your steel design by modeling steel connections, either standard or custom, and automatically adjust based on the connecting members. Model comprehensive steel plate-work, including gusset plates and chute work.
- Produce steel fabrication drawings
Produce drawings for every steel shape, connection, and plate-work from the 3D model. Easily create comprehensive single-part drawings including dimensions, notes, labels, and part lists. Customize drawings to adhere to your company’s standards for all your structural steel projects. Any out-of-date drawings are automatically updated based on changes to the 3D model.
- Produce structural design and construction documentation
Produce construction documentation such as plans, sections, and details, all automatically linked to the 3D model. Changes made to the 3D model are automatically updated in the drawings. Easily manage changes and revisions to the model with automated flags on drawings that need to be reissued. Generate structural design documents including necessary plans and elevations that are used to convey the design intent.
- Produce structural details
Produce detailed 2D drawings directly from design results established in the structural model. Customize the style and format of the drawings using settings offered within the software.
- Share structural models
Transfer structural model geometry and design results from one application to another and synchronize changes over time. Quickly share the structural model, drawings, and information with the entire team for review.
- Track and rollback structural design changes
Manage design changes made to the 3D model, tracking revisions with optional descriptions and timestamps. At any time during the project, selected changes can be rolled back or undone. Explore multiple design scenarios, as well as recover quickly from modeling errors.
- Utilize international section profiles
Complete your structural model using a vast array of international section profile databases, which are included at no extra charge. Take advantage of global design opportunities around the world.
Industry leading structural steel modeling
- Over 300 national and international shape tables and any number of user definable shapes
- Standard parametric connections are included and easily modified. Connections include: end plate, base plate, web angle, shear plate, splice joint, haunch, stiffener, purlin connection, and more
- Element modification capabilities such as drill holes, bolts, notches, polycuts, and diagonal cuts
- Structural parametric objects for quick modeling, including: staircase towers, handrails, ladders, bracing, portal frames, wall claddings, purlin systems, truss/lattice girders, platforms round and rectangular, and walkways
- Templates and styles – Recorded settings for sharing and maintaining standards in all the dialog boxes
- Provides intuitive capabilities for plate construction that are applied to many industries, including mining
World-class steel documentation
- Quickly extract fabrication, erection, and general arrangement drawings
- Automatically update drawings based on changes to the 3D model
- Customize drawing output based on user-defined detail styles and preferences
- Generate parts lists and bills of material (BOM) in single or batch process
- Provides integrated capabilities, minimizes duplication between various software platforms and easily investigate alternative designs.
- Easily collaborate with other disciplines by sharing and referencing project information
- Output in many file formats such as IFC, ISM, iModels, and 3D PDF
- Integrate with Bentley and third-party software: STAAD, RAM, SDNF 2/SDNF 3, CIS/2 (CIMSTEEL), SCIA ESA-PT, Dlubal RSTAB, KISS, DSTV-NC, and DSTV-PPS
- Detail output to CNC machines automates the steel fabrication process
- Interfaces to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems
Integrate modeling and documentation workflows
- Support for ProjectWise Managed Workspaces
- Share personal files including iModels and 3D PDFs directly from your desktop
- Review project details and status, and gain visibility into project performance
- Access personalized learning, communities, and project information
- Coordinate work and share information with real-time project visibility
Intel or AMD processor 2.0 GHz or greater
Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit), Windows 8.1 (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (64-bit), Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
4 GB available RAM minimum, 16 GB recommended
9 GB free disk space (which includes the install footprint for a complete installation)
Video Graphics Card
Graphics card supported by DirectX 9.0c. 512 MB of video RAM or higher is recommended
Get more information about ProSteel today...
Introducing new Bentley products in the design of infrastructure objects for oil and gas fields represents a complete solution for all of the design stages, as well as for the construction and operation of industrial facilities. The solutions are based on a single data model that provides interoperability of applications through a common pool of information.Aleksey Kruzhinov, Head of the Software Design Department, PJSC Giprotyumenneftegaz
Your peers were also interested in...
Steel and concrete design software
ProStructures is a comprehensive steel and concrete design software that delivers parametric structural components to increase your productivity and profitability.
Building design and energy analysis software
Deliver sustainable, high-performance buildings and metro stations in less time using BIM advancements that increase collaboration among architectural, electrical, mechanical, and structural stakeholders.
Reinforced concrete modeling and detailing software
ProConcrete is a modeling and detailing software that allows you to efficiently model reinforced concrete objects of any shape, with any combination of reinforcing.