$ 9,990 – $ 13,875 12 month subscription license
- Reliably solve infrastructure challenges
- Create FE models quickly and efficiently
- Get realistic assessments of stresses and displacements
- Drive efficiency with multidiscipline workflows
- Add to the application’s versatility
Learn more about what PLAXIS 3D can do for you...
What is PLAXIS 3D/PLAXIS 3D WorkSuite?
PLAXIS 3D offers CAD-like drawing capabilities to help with the analysis of subsurface environments for geoengineering projects. From excavations, embankments, foundations, tunneling, and mining, to reservoir geomechanics, users can determine the deformation and stability of geotechnical engineering and rock mechanics to assess the geotechnical risk. Tackle modeling challenges for even the most complex projects with advanced features.
Because every firm has different needs, there are two flexible PLAXIS 3D variations: PLAXIS 3D Basic and PLAXIS 3D WorkSuite.
PLAXIS 3D WorkSuite includes the following modules:
- PLAXIS 3D Dynamics for dynamic loading modeling
- PLAXIS 3D PlaxFlow for time dependent groundwater analysis
Reliably solve infrastructure challenges
Easily generate and scale construction sequences for excavations of any complexity. Facilitate steady-state groundwater flow calculations, including flow-related material parameters, boundary conditions, drains, and wells. Use interfaces and embedded pile elements to model movement between soil and foundation, such as slipping and gapping. Get trustworthy results with realistic soil models and a complete portfolio of visualization abilities.
Create FE models quickly and efficiently
This comprehensive solution for the design and analysis of soils, rocks, and associated structures makes it easy to model in full 3D. Drawing tools, such as extrude, intersect, combine, and array operations facilitate finite element modeling, while multicore calculations and a 64-bit kernel can handle simple and complex models. Create safer infrastructures with fully-optimized designs.
Get realistic assessments of stresses and displacements
To meet the unique geotechnical challenges of soil structure interactions, PLAXIS 3D offers different calculation types, such as plastic, consolidation, and safety analysis. A range of material models for predicting the behavior of various soils and rock types, combined with robust calculations, helps ensure reliable results. Display these forces in various ways, and use cross-section applications to inspect certain areas in greater detail.
Drive efficiency with multidiscipline workflows
Create logical geotechnical digital workflows that take projects from subsurface imports through design and analysis to various outputs.
Add to the application’s versatility
Extend the capabilities of PLAXIS 3D software with add-on modules. PlaxFlow makes analyzing complex groundwater flow easy, while Dynamics provides comprehensive and reliable dynamic load modeling.
PLAXIS 3D Dynamics: 3D Geotechnical Dynamic Modeling Software
Analyze the effects of man-made or natural seismic vibrations in soil with PLAXIS 3D Dynamics. Perform analyses on the effects of vibrations in the soil from earthquakes, pile driving, vehicle movement, heavy machinery, or train travel. PLAXIS 3D Dynamics is an easy-to-use, add-on module to PLAXIS 3D; so, when you need something that goes beyond the low-frequency vibrations, this is the choice for you. PLAXIS 3D Dynamics module can handle more advanced seismic analysis than what is available by default in PLAXIS and can accurately calculate the effects of vibrations with a dynamics analysis when the frequency of the dynamic load is higher than the natural frequency of the medium.
PLAXIS 3D PlaxFlow: 3D Geotechnical Groundwater Flow Software
Go beyond the default options of steady-state groundwater flow analysis of PLAXIS with the PLAXIS 3D PlaxFlow add-on module. Simulate the unsaturated, time-dependent, and anisotropic behavior of soil with PLAXIS 3D PlaxFlow. Simultaneously calculate changes in pore pressures and deformation by performing a fully-coupled flow-deformation analysis. Plus, the Flow-only mode excludes displacements and stresses from the calculation if you are only interested in groundwater flow, making this application easier to use.
- Automatic Swept Meshing for more efficient meshes
- Elastoplasticity for beams and plates
- Revolve around axis tool *
- CAD import and export *
- Nonlinear geogrids: Elastoplastic (N-ε) and Viscoelastic(time-dependent)
- Cross and parallel permeability in interfaces
- Polar and rectangular array *
- Easy definition of rock bolts and girders in Tunnel Designer *
- Define excavation sequence in the Tunnel Designer *
- Automatic generation of staged construction phases for tunnels *
- Design arbitrary geometries combining NURBS curves and polycurves
- Automate processes with full command line support and remote scripting API *
- Hardening soil
- HS small strain stiffness
- Soft soil (with and without creep)
- NGI-ADP model *
- Jointed rock
- Hoek-Brown with parameter guide *
- Sekiguchi-Ohta, viscid and inviscid *
- User-defined soil models *
- Field stress initial calculation type *
- Full 64-bit software
- Multicore computing *
- Well-proven and robust calculation procedures
- Plastic calculation, consolidation analysis, and safety analysis
- Pseudo-static and dynamic analysis, including dynamics with consolidation *
- Facilities for steady-state groundwater flow calculations, including flow-related material parameters, boundary conditions, drains, and wells *
- Fully coupled flow-deformation analysis *
- Convenient and intuitive Phase explorer
- Automatic regeneration of construction stages for geometric changes
- Structural forces from cylindrical and square volume piles
- Realistic assessment of stresses and displacements
- Output Model Explorer
- Movable cross-sections
- Extensive report and movie generator
- Contour, shading, iso-surface, and vectors plots
- Advanced data slicing
- Rock-mass response and surface settlements due to tunneling, mining, or reservoir depletion
- Slope stability and seepage analysis for earth and tailing dams, embankments, and open pit mines
- Predicting differential settlements of buildings adjacent to excavation pits
- Stability of and seepage into excavation pits, lateral displacements of diaphragm walls
- Bearing capacity analysis of suction anchors
- Calculate consolidation time for pore pressure dissipation in undrained loading problems
Subscription Entitlement Service Supports
- Provides a universal ID to link together all activity within Bentley applications
- Manage license entitlements at a user level, without requiring activation keys or hardware dongles
- Access personal learn material, paths and history, timely product related news, automatic product updates and notifications
*Some features are dependent on product level or SELECT® entitlement.
Required: Dual Core CPU
Recommended: Quad Core CPU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Recommended: minimum 8 GB
Large projects may require more
Minimum 2 GB free space on the partition where the WindowsTEMP directory resides, and 2 GB free space on the partition where projects are saved. Large projects may require significantly more space on both partitions.
For best performance, ensure that the TEMP directory and the project directory reside on the same partition.
Graphics Card: Required: GPU with 256 MB OpenGL 1.3 Bentley recommends avoiding simple onboard graphics chips in favor of a discrete GPU from the nVidia GeForce or Quadro range with at least 128-bit bus and 1 GB of RAM, or equivalent solution from ATI/AMD.
Video: Required: 1024 x 768 pixels 32-bit color palette, Recommended: 1920 x 1080 pixels 32-bit color palette
Get more information about PLAXIS 3D today...
The 3D approach [using PLAXIS] made it possible to take into account the obvious three-dimensionality of the problem and to more correctly simulate the phasing of the work and the soil/structure interactions between the different structures.JP Janin, Technical Engineer , Setec-Terrasol
Your peers were also interested in...
Slope Stability Analysis
Perform limit equilibrium slope stability analysis in 2D/ 3D.
2D geotechnical engineering software
Model and analyze geo-engineering projects with finite element analysis in 2D.
Monopile design software
Reduce the overall costs of onshore and offshore wind farms with an enhanced design method that reduces the amount of steel required for monopiles.