- Accelerate plant design process and deliver more accurate PIDs to operations
- Ensure safety by maintaining accurate as-built PIDs
- Complete projects faster by making intelligent PIDs accessible
- Save time demonstrating compliance with quick and accurate reporting
Learn more about what OpenPlant PID can do for you...
What is OpenPlant PID?
OpenPlant PID is an easy-to-use, data-driven application for the rapid production of Produce intelligent piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs). You can capture and reuse information in an open format. OpenPlant PID helps you reduce the time required to create your critical documents and enables the sharing of all process information across the lifecycle of your asset.
Now you can increase design collaboration and operations efficiency with software that makes P&IDs widely accessible through the ISO 15926 open data schema. Improve productivity and safety with P&IDs that link to operational systems and accurately reflect the as-built plant.
Accelerate your plant design process and deliver more accurate P&IDs to operations.
- Rapid creation of intelligent P&IDs
OpenPlant PID allows you to generate P&IDs with components verified against valid piping specifications. Computational drafting routines are used to speed drawing generation. Task-based navigation and other advanced user interface features make the system easy to learn and use.
- Stand-alone or integrated P&ID creation
You can work with OpenPlant PID as a stand-alone application for smaller projects. However, to truly unlock savings on a project, connect OpenPlant PID to Bentley iTwin Services and PlantSight to support distributed teams, utilize component based workflows, and track and manage changes. A digital twin ensures consistent and up-to-date engineering information across the design phase with continuous handover into operations.
- Consistent and accurate components
Component validation can be done in OpenPlant PID, so you will always know that drawings are consistent and accurate. You can select from one of the available persistence modes to determine when the rules are run – immediately, on a timed basis, or on user request.
When a rule finds a component in an invalid design state, the component is flagged for follow up. The flagging is user configurable such that it could appear on the drawing in several different forms. Company-specific rules can be added and separated from the open data model, giving organizations the flexibility to create their competitive edge.
- Strong version control and clear project history
P&IDs are consistently being revised, and it is important to track changes down to the attribute level to ensure regulatory compliance. OpenPlant PID allows you to save revisions or versions of drawings through the Design History feature. All revisions are saved, even after a revision rollback, so you can restore them to their original starting point.
- Standard symbols and assemblies
To speed the P&ID development process, OpenPlant PID includes a comprehensive set of industry standard symbols for equipment, piping, instruments and instrument lines. To further speed P&ID creation, OpenPlant PID includes a component management capability that supports symbol customization and readily modifies the data and tag numbers of the assembly components. For KKS users, there is a separate workspace available for download in order to work with that tagging convention. Additional content will continue to be added through integration with Bentley’s Components Center.
- Increased project overview and insight
Data integrity and data access are becoming more important to clients as standards compliance becomes a bigger business driver. OpenPlant PID includes a powerful browser that allows you to see a full list of all components in the drawing and their relationships to one another. It also allows you to visualize and edit any of the data associated with the components on the drawing. Valve lists, line lists, instrument lists, equipment lists, and more are all key pieces of information for project scope and costing. OpenPlant PID provides a robust reporting system in product that includes the ability to export to Microsoft Excel. Detailed project-wide reporting is available through iTwins Services and PlantSight web capabilities. Task-based navigation and other advanced user interface features make the system easy to learn and use.
Rapid P&ID Creation
- OpenPlant CONNECT Edition increases usability with a new easy to use ribbon interface
- Multiple workflows, task ribbons, galleries, toolbars and picklists give the user rapid access to needed features and functionality
- Advanced drafting utilities include automatic line break/mend with configurable breaks, line tag updates, instrument bubble break/mend and attribute display dialogs
- Component replacement feature swaps out similar type components for one another without having to delete them and recreate them
- Improved assembly management functionality including in-line assemblies
- Ability to preview assemblies and define and modify data and tag numbers for the components in the assembly prior to insertion
- Engineering orientated browser to view relationships between components and all component properties
- Element information dialogs to browse specific components or sets of components
- Consistency checking
- Rules engine for validating components based on your needs
- Rules can be used to create specification-driven P&IDs
- Web-based data management capabilities through PlantSight Tag Management Queries give access to project data from anywhere you can connect to the internet
Advanced P&ID Functions
- Intelligent annotations for lines and equipment
- Accurately reflect line attributes at all occurrences on the drawing
- Page connectors for automatic lookup and reuse of to/from data across multiple drawings
- User-definable tag formats can include any field associated to a class to ensure drawing accuracy
- CONNECT Advisor provides access to context specific learning on features, workflows and best practices for continuous skills improvement
Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 SP1 (64-bit), Windows Server 2012/2008
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2, Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications core, Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications localized. Microsoft Internet Explorer, minimum v11.0, with 128-bit cipher strength. Microsoft no longer supports any versions prior to v11.0. Internet Explorer is not installed as part of the product pre-requisites.
Intel or AMD processor 1.0 GHz or greater. OpenPlant PID is not
supported on a CPU that does not support SSE2.
4 GB minimum, 16 GB recommended
12 GB minimum, 12-22 GB depending additional installations such as Companion Feature and Companion Product.
See the graphics card manufacturer for latest information on DirectX drivers. 512 MB of video RAM or higher is recommended. If insufficient video RAM or no graphics card supported by DirectX can be found, OpenPlant PID attempts to use software emulation. For optimal performance, graphics display color depth should be set to 24-bit or higher. When using a color depth setting of 16-bit, some inconsistencies will be noted.
For the latest systems requirement, please go here.
Get more information about OpenPlant PID today...
Bentley’s OpenPlant applications truly helped in our project design delivery and enabled us to stand tall in the crowd.Ashish Katake, Lead CAD Designer, MWH Global
Your peers were also interested in...
Pipe stress analysis and design software
With extensive interoperability across other industry applications as well as time-saving features like the new support optimizer, AutoPIPE helps ensure quality, cost-effective designs, and a smooth workflow for the engineers who use it for pipe stress and analysis.
OpenPlant Isometrics Manager
Intelligent isometric drawing software
Piping isometrics are among the most important deliverables from plant models. OpenPlant Isometrics Manager allows you to create and manage your project’s isometric deliverables with less effort, so you can improve efficiency on your projects and reduce costs through the interoperable and collaborative.
3D plant design software
Create and manage 3D plant designs that include piping, HVAC, and electrical equipment, in a collaborative environment.