- Automate drawing production
- Increase legibility with clear annotations
- Improve efficiency on your projects through the interoperable and collaborative capabilities
Learn more about what OpenPlant Orthographics Manager can do for you...
What is OpenPlant Orthographics Manager? What is OpenPlant Orthographics Manager used for?
OpenPlant Orthographics Manager is a Plant Orthographics Drawing software that automates the extraction and production of high-quality drawings from a 3D model, saving you time and money.
You can use OpenPlant Orthographics Manager for automatic single and double line drawings, annotations, dimensions, and label placements in order to accelerate drawing preparation and ensure legibility, and so you can stay more focused on what you do best.
- Increase productivity with drawing automation
OpenPlant Orthographics Manager automates the production of drawings and allows designers like you to spend less time extracting 2D files.
- Increase legibility on deliverables
OpenPlant Orthographics Manager allows you to automatically create single/double line drawing output through a simple configuration setting for the same model, enabling line display to be controlled through pipe size, increasing legibility on highly detailed drawings.
- Better manage annotation options with streamlined interface
OpenPlant Orthographics Manager provides a single interface to reduce the challenges of working with multiple interfaces to manage annotations for various disciplines such as piping, equipment, HVAC, cable tray, and structural. This makes it easier to manage annotation options and keeps track of project configurations.
- Rapid drawing management through multiple views
OpenPlant Orthographics Manager reduces the complexity when defining and managing 2D views for multiple drawing views. Designers can interactively select the required clipping sections and add multiple views for definition files, with the ability to change view scale and rotation, saving time and increasing quality.
- Faster production and increased legibility with optimal
OpenPlant Orthographics Manager’s white space search algorithm quickly finds free spaces in general arrangement drawings for labeling of various design components, such as instruments, supports, nozzles, reducers, and line numbers. This optimizes legibility by eliminating messy markups and drawing rework, and reduces output time from hours to minutes.
- Improve project collaboration with ProjectWise
OpenPlant Orthographics Manager integrates with ProjectWise for project information management and collaboration cloud services. The integration enables a connection to any ProjectWise repository to directly download models and upload drawings. You can quickly find and share information without having to send files via email or distribute through file transfer networks saving time and overall costs.
Where can I get OpenPlant Orthographics Manager training?
If you want to receive tailored training or attend an OpenPlant Orthographics Manager course, Virtuosity offers extra training and mentoring services. You can choose from tailor-made training, on-demand learning, consulting services, mentoring and more. Learn more about Expert Services at Virtuosity here.
What is the price of OpenPlant Orthographics Manager? How much does OpenPlant Orthographics Manager cost?
A practitioner license of OpenPlant Orthographics Manager costs $3637 at Virtuosity.com. Prices vary per region. To see the price in your region, select your region at the bottom of the page. While there are various types of licensing available, a common choice is the 12-month practitioner license offered through Virtuosity, Bentley's eCommerce store. When you purchase through Virtuosity you get a Virtuoso Subscription which means you get both the software AND the training, expert services, and custom mentoring you need to get started quickly.
Expert services and tailored training, when and where you need it.
At Virtuosity, we understand how important it is to get the most out of every working moment. You need to limit downtime, and use each software application to its fullest potential. There is just no time to spare. That's why every software purchase through Virtuosity comes as a bundle with “Keys” or credits that can be redeemed for expert services and training, so you can get started right away. Learn more about our training options.We call this bundle the Virtuoso Subscription.
Each practitioner license comes with a number of "Keys" and you can always purchase additional "Keys" as you go.
There is a menu of expert services and training options that you can redeem your "Keys" for:
|Quick start training
Virtual classroom training is a great way to quick-start your success.
|1 key||2 hours|
|Recorded online sessions
OnDemand sessions can be very helpful and convenient. They include information on the latest software, workflows, and systems.
|1 key||2 hours|
Standard training offers a thorough understanding of general features, workflows and tools of the application.
|1 key||4 hours|
With tailored training you can set your own agenda for training and get something to suit your specific requirements.
|1 key||2 hours|
If you have a challenging or unique project, you may choose to expand your team with one of our experts.
|1 key||2 hours|
Get one-on-one mentoring from a product expert. Choose from a variety of topics including design, analysis, and modeling techniques.
|1 key||2 hours|
- Easy to create 2D piping general arrangement drawings
- Ability to regenerate drawings with different annotation and labeling options, providing rapid project configuration
Multiple Project Configurations
- Works with different project units (imperial/metric)
- Configuration settings are saved to a project setting file and can be reloaded to maintain existing drawing conditions
Single/Double Line Drawing Output
- Allows user to create single/double line drawing output
- Line display can be controlled through pipe size
- Available for pipe, support, equipment, and instrument lists
2D Free Space Search and Optimization
- Enhanced algorithm finds free spaces in general arrangement drawings for the optimal placement of labels
- Avoids interference of the label (e.g. text string and leaders) with other text or geometry in the drawing
- Gives ability to control interference through user interface generation option
- Ability to set priority of label (pipe, control valves, supports) in the drawing to avoid overlapping interference on highly detailed drawings
- Effectively and efficiently uses the space around a tagged item
- Uses two types of label control options based on:
» internal density
» boundary area
Multi-views and Composite Views
- Supports multiple views of 3D design to create composite drawings
- Ability to interactively select desired clipping sections
Hidden Line Option
- Hidden line drawings for 3D models can be controlled through on/off settings
- Various options are available to control hidden line output
» Pipe (single/double line display with industry standard 2D symbols)
» Elbow (Weld/SW and THD type), Tee
» Option to show centerlines
Publish Deliverables to ProjectWise Share
- Exchange files of any size quickly through a centralized, easy-to-use platform
- Allow designated project participants to easily access project deliverables without opening your firewall
- Discover up-to-date files readily by organizing them in an intuitive, project-based context
- Reduce disruptions to your workflows via integration with other select Bentley design applications
- Output unit (metric/inch-feet)
- Placement priority of inside annotations
- Free space searching density (sparse/average/dense mode)
- Free space searching boundary (fast/middle/detail mode)
- Annotation filtering options
OpenPlant Orthographics Manager Output
- 2D hidden line MicroStation® output (.DGN) with dimensions and annotations
Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 SP1 (64-bit), Windows Server 2012/2008
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2, Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications core, Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications localized. Microsoft Internet Explorer, minimum v11.0, with 128-bit cipher strength. Microsoft no longer supports any versions prior to v11.0. Internet Explorer is not installed as part of the product pre-requisites.
Intel or AMD processor 1.0 GHz or greater. OpenPlant PID is not supported on a CPU that does not support SSE2.
4 GB minimum, 16 GB recommended
12 GB minimum, 12-22 GB depending additional installations such as Companion Feature and Companion Product.
See the graphics card manufacturer for latest information on DirectX
drivers. 512 MB of video RAM or higher is recommended. If insufficient video RAM or no graphics card supported by DirectX can be found, OpenPlant PID attempts to use software emulation. For optimal performance, graphics display color depth should be set to 24-bit or higher. When using a color depth setting of 16-bit, some inconsistencies will be noted.
For the latest systems requirement, please go here.
Get more information about OpenPlant Orthographics Manager today...
"...Our experience is that a plant designed in full 3D provides financiers and investors more confidence in the project and lowers their risk adversity."Barthlo Harmse, Managing Director, Sunrise Energy
Your peers were also interested in...
3D plant design software
Create and manage 3D plant designs that include piping, HVAC, and electrical equipment, in a collaborative environment.
Intelligent piping and instrumentation diagram software
Produce intelligent piping and instrumentation diagrams that will improve design collaboration, increase operations efficiency, and boost productivity and safety.
Pipe stress analysis and design software
Ensure quality, cost-effective designs, and a smooth workflow with new time-saving features like the support optimizer.