- Increase the quality and accuracy of your isometric drawings
- Save time with the software’s ability to extract intelligent isometrics from multiple 3D sources
- Improve efficiency on your projects and reduce costs through the interoperable and collaborative capabilities
- Lower software costs by using one application to create isometrics from any ISO 15926-enable 3D application
Learn more about what OpenPlant Isometrics Manager can do for you...
What is OpenPlant Isometrics Manager?
OpenPlant Isometrics Manager is a flexible, powerful application that runs independent from plant design applications to provide a cost-effective means for non-engineers to quickly create and manage isometrics. Piping isometrics are among the most important deliverables from plant models. With OpenPlant Isometrics Manager, you can increase the quality and accuracy of your isometric drawings and save time with the software’s ability to extract intelligent isometrics from multiple 3D sources.
Easily improve efficiency on your projects and reduce costs through the interoperable and collaborative.
- Independent isometrics production increases productivity
OpenPlant Isometrics Manager allows isometrics to be independently produced by document control or other supporting project personnel, freeing piping designers to focus on design activities. By managing isometric production through project-based rules, the software provides users with a way to easily generate isometrics from either OpenPlant ModelServer, an OpenPlant-based iModel, or other sources using a simplified interface, without the need for a complex design application. It also enables project teams to output in either DGN or RealDWG formats.
- Rapid project startup
Quickly create isometrics styles for each project through the powerful, yet easy to use graphical user interface for isometric configuration. This eliminates the complexity and extensive time needed in other products that require switches, auxiliary configuration files, and more. Projects can begin faster, run more accurately, and address the needs of each organization more rapidly.
- Automated production for higher quality isometrics
Increase the quality and accuracy of your isometric drawings with OpenPlant Isometrics Manager’s ability to extract intelligent isometrics from multiple 3D sources. Generate virtually “no touch” isometrics utilizing the application’s whitespace management engine that allows for improved drawing layouts as well as better dimension and label positioning, saving time with clear and legible isometrics. Automatically split isometrics into multiple sheets based on different criteria to quickly generate construction deliverables based on project requirements.
- Integrate users and projects to increase collaboration OpenPlant Isometrics Manager integrates with ProjectWise, to allow finalized isometrics to be posted directly into the document repository with automatic version control. This enables team members, regardless of location, to access the most current versions of these contracted deliverables.
The application allows users to improve collaboration, personal productivity, and information sharing by signing in as a connected user and associating files with Connected Projects. Connected Users can access personalized learning, communities, notifications, and project information. Connected Projects provide project level reporting including which Connected Users are working a project, how much time they are spending on a project, and what Bentley applications they are using.
With CONNECTservices, learn to master your Bentley applications and get work done at any time from any place. Empower your teams to connect and collaborate.
- Intelligent isometrics provide useful data for the entire project lifecycle
OpenPlant Isometrics Manager automatically creates an intelligent file, which includes the graphics and associated piping data. This allows users to search and query data within these documents without the need for access to the plant design model.
- Rule-based management ensures accurate, up-to-date isometrics
Product isometrics with OpenPlant ModelServer based on design states such as “Issued for Construction.” Rules can be defined to control what type of isometric to produce and, more importantly, whether an isometric can be created if the components are not at a predetermined design state. Time spent checking and reviewing isometrics is now focused on the proper documents where the status is known.
- Multiple styles provide fit-for-purpose drawings
OpenPlant Isometrics Manager provides for the creation of many isometric styles for specific purposes in the project, each with its own set of rules for design status and layout types. The resulting isometric drawings can be placed into their own folder within ProjectWise for versioning and distribution to a globally distributed project team. Delivered styles include As-Built, Check, IFC, Stress, and Tracing. Additional user-defined styles can be created to suit project requirements. ProjectWise provides for remote access, allowing users, such as fabricators, to see the most current information.
- Generate PCF files to pass data to existing fabrication systems
- Produce isometrics from OpenPlant, AutoPLANT, and AutoPIPE
- Create isometric deliverables in DGN or RealDWG formats
- Works with OpenPlant and AutoPLANT Central Management
- Use a common set-up and configuration through
ProjectWise Managed Workspaces
- Store similar isometrics in a central location
- Examine components from the same model using different views
- Navigate between models and isometrics
Design Model Component Information
- Perform intelligent queries against components to find those with identical information to 3D design models
- View relevant data available in other areas of the design and construction process
- Separate isometric production from piping design applications
- Control isometric generation by status settings
- Generate different isometric production log files
- Easy-to-use interface designed for non-piping users – no need to understand cryptic switches, auxiliary file structures, or settings
- Straightforward query tool to easily search for a specific group of components, such as a line number
- Project-driven drawing output and bill-of-material definitions
Isometrics Drawing and Style Configuration
- Intelligent isometric drawings include graphics and piping data
- Easy-to-configure isometrics styles – no more switches to remember
- User-configurable drawing layouts and reporting
- Simple isometrics symbols creation using MicroStation cells
- Customized drawing attributes for additional pipeline information
- Fully configurable bill-of-material layout
- Manage multiple projects from a single model or data source
- Include metadata with documents
- Save user queries locally or to ProjectWise for team access
- Edit isometric name expressions
- Create isometrics based on design-state
- Browse element information or specific components or sets of components
Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 SP1 (64-bit), Windows Server 2012/2008
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2, Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications core, Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications localized. Microsoft Internet Explorer, minimum v11.0, with 128-bit cipher strength. Microsoft no longer supports any versions prior to v11.0. Internet Explorer is not installed as part of the product pre-requisites.
Intel or AMD processor 1.0 GHz or greater. OpenPlant PID is not
supported on a CPU that does not support SSE2.
4 GB minimum, 16 GB recommended
12 GB minimum, 12-22 GB depending additional installations such as Companion Feature and Companion Product.
See the graphics card manufacturer for latest information on DirectX drivers. 512 MB of video RAM or higher is recommended. If insufficient video RAM or no graphics card supported by DirectX can be found, OpenPlant PID attempts to use software emulation. For optimal performance, graphics display color depth should be set to 24-bit or higher. When using a color depth setting of 16-bit, some inconsistencies will be noted.
For the latest systems requirement, please go here.
Get more information about OpenPlant Isometrics Manager today...
Using OpenPlant Isometrics Manager to auto-generate piping isometrics reduced the time it would have taken moving labels around to make the isometric clearer to read. Tetra Tech reduced its isometric generation time from three hours to one hour per isometric. With over 1500 isometrics, this saved the client around USD 250,000.Greg Short, Principal Process Engineer, Tetra Tech Proteus
Your peers were also interested in...
Pipe stress analysis and design software
With extensive interoperability across other industry applications as well as time-saving features like the new support optimizer, AutoPIPE helps ensure quality, cost-effective designs, and a smooth workflow for the engineers who use it for pipe stress and analysis.
3D plant design software
Create and manage 3D plant designs that include piping, HVAC, and electrical equipment, in a collaborative environment.
Intelligent piping and instrumentation diagram software
OpenPlant PID enables you to produce intelligent piping and instrumentation diagrams. With OpenPlant PID, you can improve design collaboration, increase operations efficiency, and improve productivity and safety.