$ 2,400 – $ 12,010 12 month subscription license
- Optimize model calibration, design, and operations
- Plan capital improvements with confidence
- Forecast operating conditions and minimize disruptions
- Work in multiple platforms seamlessly
Learn more about what OpenFlows WaterGEMS can do for you...
What is WaterGEMS?
WaterGEMS provides an easy-to-use environment for you to confidently analyze, design, and optimize your water distribution systems. With advanced interoperability, geospatial model building, optimization, and asset management capabilities, WaterGEMS supports your engineering workflows from fire flow and constituent concentration analyses, to energy consumption and capital cost management.
- Grow with confidence
Whenever system growth is anticipated, effectively identify potential problem areas, accommodate service area growth, and plan capital improvements.
- Minimize disruptions
Operation of complex water systems can be difficult. Avoid disruptions by realistically modeling system inefficiencies, optimize pumping strategies, and planning for shutdowns and routine operations.
- Prioritize renewal decisions
Renewing or replacing your systems can be overwhelming with the amount of information to consider. Make this task easier when you analyze and compare a wide range of variables for system sustainability.
- Work in multiple platforms seamlessly
Eliminate the frustration and enjoy the power and versatility of working across CAD, GIS, and stand-alone platforms while accessing a single, shared, project data source. With superior interoperability, choose from Windows stand-alone, ArcGIS for GIS integration, MicroStation, and AutoCAD.
- Synchronize model building
Jumpstart your modeling process with geospatial data, CAD drawings, databases, and spreadsheets. Easily connect with virtually any digital data format to allocate water demands and node elevations with geospatial data found in shapefiles, geodatabases, various types of DEMs, and even CAD drawings.
- Avoid manual-input mistakes
Drawing and connectivity review tools guarantee a hydraulically coherent model. Automatically remove network complexity while maintaining hydraulic equivalence, to tackle a wide range of modeling applications more efficiently.
- Optimize model calibration, design, and operations
Use state-of-the-art genetic algorithm optimization engines to make reliable decisions based on accurate hydraulic simulations of the real world. Evaluate millions of possible solutions to quickly find a calibration hypothesis that best matches measured flows, pressures, and on/off status.
- Forecast operating conditions and potential issues
Easily publish WaterGEMS model results to existing SCADA control room screens to support forecasting. Create a real-time simulator that accurately represents current system conditions.
- Readily identify cost savings
Analyze data automatically to quickly identify the most energy-efficient pump scheduling strategy, or how to minimize energy use to reduce costs.
What is the difference between WaterGEMS and EPANET?
|Model Layout / Data Entry||Limited||Available|
|Pressure Zone Manager||Not Available||Available|
|Network Navigator||Not Available||Available|
|Export to Google Earth||Not Available||Available*|
*Available in MicroStation and ArcGIS
What is the difference between OpenFlows WaterCAD and WaterGEMS?
WaterGEMS is a superset of WaterCAD. WaterCAD is currently not available for sale on Virtuosity.com but is available on Bentley.com/WaterCAD.
- WaterGEMS includes a standalone version plus the ability to integrate with three platforms MicroStation, AutoCAD, and ArcGIS. For an additional cost, WaterCAD can integrate with the AutoCAD platform where you get the standalone, MicroStation, and AutoCAD versions. WaterCAD cannot be integrated with ArcGIS.
- WaterGEMS comes with six modules that are not included in WaterCAD: 1) Pipe Renewal Planner 2) Darwin Designer 3) Darwin Calibrator 4) Darwin Scheduler 5) Skelebrator 6) SCADAConnect
Do I have to use WaterGEMS inside of ArcGIS?
No. WaterGEMS can be used as a standalone product. Additionally, enjoy the power and versatility of working across multiple applications with superior interoperability. Choose from Windows stand-alone, ArcGIS for GIS integration, MicroStation, and AutoCAD.
Do I have to purchase functional modules for WaterGEMS?
No. Unlike other platforms, WaterGEMS includes all calculation capabilities.
Interoperability, Interface, and Graphical Editing
- Runs from within four compatible platforms:
- Stand-alone Windows
- ArcGIS (ArcMap license required)
- MicroStation (MicroStation license required)
- AutoCAD (AutoCAD license required)
- Unlimited undo and redo
- Element morphing, splitting, and reconnection
- Merge nodes in close proximity tool
- Automatic element labeling
- Scaled, schematic, and hybrid environments
- Element prototypes
- Aerial view and dynamic zooming
- Named views library
- Multiple background-layer support
Hydraulics, Operations, and Water Quality
- Steady-state and extended-period simulations
- Constituent-concentration analysis
- Multi-species water quality analysis
- Tank-mixing analysis
- Water-age analysis
- Water quality batch run
- Criticality analysis
- Fire-flow analysis
- Rule-based or logical controls
- Variable-speed pumping, with option to use APEX (Automatic Parameter Estimation eXtension)
- System head curves
- Leakage and sprinkler modeling
- Water loss analysis
- Pressure-dependent demands
- Scenario modeling-based unidirectional flushing
- Source tracing
- Valve modeling
- Air release valve element
- Top fill tank element
- Combination pump curves
- Carbon emission calculation
- Optimization of pipe renewal with Pipe Renewal Planner
- Override of pump and valve controls using historical SCADA data
- Emergency response simulations for pipe breaks, power outages, fires, and pipe shutdowns
Model Building and Data Connection
- DGN, DXF, spreadsheet, database, and ODBC connections
- Shapefile, geodatabase*, Geometric Network*, and SDE* connections (*when running from within ArcMap)
- Oracle Spatial support
- GIS-ID property to maintain associations between records in the data source / GIS and elements in the model
- SCADAConnect 25-signal pack for live data connections (to and from SCADA systems)
- Graphical SCADA element
- Customer Meter element
- Lateral link (no need to split pipes) Automatic demand allocation from geospatial data
- Geospatial demand allocation from customer meters
- Demand allocation from lump-sum geospatial data
- Geospatial-based water consumption projection
- Daily, weekly, monthly, and superimposed patterns
- Unaccounted for water and leakage estimation
- Composite demands global edition
- Area, count, discharge, and population-based loading
- Pipe-length-based demand loading
- Elevation extraction from DEM, TIN, and shapefiles
- Elevation extraction from CAD drawings and surfaces
- Series, parallel, branch-trimming, multi-criteria automated skeletonization of pipes
- Skeletonization support for isolation valves
- User-data extension, including formula based
- Unlimited scenarios and alternatives
- Comprehensive scenario management
- Global attribute tabular edition
- Pressure zone management
- Automated model skeletonization
- Personalizable engineering libraries
- Sorting and persistent filtering on tabular reports
- Statistical analysis from tabular reports
- Dynamic and static selection sets
- Local and global engineering-units management
- Sub-model management
- Drawing review tools for connectivity consistency
- Automatic topology review
- Orphaned nodes and dead-end pipes queries
- Thematic mapping with property-based color-coding, symbology, and annotations
- Dynamic, multi-parameter, and multi-scenario graphing
- Scenario and element comparison
- Shapefile contouring
- Advance profiling
- Advanced tabular reporting with FlexTables
- Creation of Google Earth (KML) files
- Publishing of i-models in 2D or 3D, including to Bentley Map® Mobile
- Video recording of result animation
- Customizable reports
Optimization (using Genetic Algorithm)
- Automated model calibration with Darwin Calibrator
- Optimized design and rehabilitation with Darwin Designer
- Optimized pump scheduling with Darwin Scheduler
Energy and Capital-cost Management
- Energy cost analysis
- Capital cost analysis
- Pump and turbine energy analysis
Refer to the ‘Installation Requirements’ section of the WaterGEMS ReadMe file.
WaterGEMS runs without platform restrictions as a stand-alone application. It also runs from within ArcGIS, AutoCAD, and MicroStation. The requirements are also available in the WaterGEMS ReadMe file.
Get more information about WaterGEMS today...
Using Bentley's WaterGEMS, we are able to come up with the right design for our water system...and we could maintain an affordable water supply, which we commit to provide in our concessionaire.Renald Cuevas, Engineer Baliwag Water District
Your peers were also interested in...
Hydraulic calculator software
Efficiently calculate and solve for any unknown property, design for any desired characteristic, and produce detailed reports and rating curves on the fly with FlowMaster.
Wastewater and stormwater management software
Sewer management software, SewerGEMS provides advanced engineering tools to plan, design, maintain, and operate sanitary and combined sewer systems.
Water hammer and transient analysis software
Quickly identify, manage, and mitigate the risks associated with transients in your water distribution or wastewater system with HAMMER.