$ 959 – $ 7,205 12 month subscription license
- Deliver high quality designs cost effectively
- Supply clean potable water without interruption
- Increase capacity to adequate service levels
- Reduce disruption risks and energy use
Learn more about what WaterCAD can do for you...
What is WaterCAD?
WaterCAD is an easy-to-use hydraulic and water quality modeling application for water distribution systems. WaterCAD is a reliable, resource-saving, decision-support application for your water infrastructure. From fire flow and water quality analysis, to energy cost management and pump modeling, WaterCAD helps you analyze, design, and optimize water distribution systems.
Out of the box, you can employ this product as a stand-alone application or work from within MicroStation, while an additional integration option lets them model from within AutoCAD. Regardless of the platform used, WaterCAD maintains a single set of modeling files for true interoperability across platforms. The stand-alone interface offers unparalleled versatility with easy-to-use model layout tools, multiple background support, conversion utilities from CAD, GIS, and databases, and unlimited undo and redo layout.
When modeling from within MicroStation or AutoCAD, you can build and lay out models with engineering precision within an environment in which you may already be comfortable.WaterCAD can open OpenFlows WaterGEMS and OpenFlows HAMMER models seamlessly, including those created within ArcGIS.
Streamlined model building
The LoadBuilder and TRex geospatial modules – included with WaterCAD at no additional cost – helps you allocate water demands and node elevations based on geospatial data found in shapefiles, DEMs, and even CAD drawings, avoiding potential manual-input mistakes and speeding up the model-building process.
You can also use CAD drawings to directly create hydraulically connected models; import topology and data from GIS; and create persistent, bidirectional connections between shapefiles, databases, spreadsheets, and the WaterCAD model.
Water quality modeling
The built-in water quality features helps you perform constituent, water age, tank mixing, and source trace analysis to develop comprehensive chlorination schedules, simulate emergency contamination events, visualize zones of influence for different water sources, and improve turbidity, taste, and odor by identifying water blending problems in the system.
Fire flow analysis
Using the Fire Flow Navigator, you can quickly and accurately establish the ability of their network to provide protection against fires. WaterCAD simultaneously models multiple fire flow events evaluating flows and pressures across the entire system.
The Flushing Simulation tool helps you plan, analyze, and optimize flushing programs to control and improve water quality in their water distribution systems. You can perform both conventional and unidirectional flushing (UDF) simulations, as well as multiple flushing runs across multiple areas.
Criticality analysis and operations modeling
The Criticality Analysis Center is a comprehensive utility to identify critical assets in water distribution infrastructure, and evaluate the risk associated with their failure. Also, by using rule-based operational controls, variable-speed pumping (VSP), and pressure-dependent demands (PDD), you can find operational bottlenecks, minimize energy consumption, and model real-time operations to improve system performance.
Comprehensive scenario management
WaterCAD Scenario Management Center gives you full control to configure, run, evaluate, visualize, and compare an unlimited number of what-if scenarios within a single file. You can easily make decisions by comparing unlimited scenarios, analyzing rehabilitation alternatives for multiple planning horizons, evaluating pump operation strategies, or flushing alternatives for emergency contamination events.
Interface and Graphical Editing
- Stand-alone application
- Ability to run from within MicroStation (MicroStation license required)
- Ability to run from within AutoCAD (AutoCAD and WaterCAD for AutoCAD licenses required. Consider WaterGEMS to model from within ArcGIS)
- Seamless compatibility with WaterGEMS and HAMMER
- Unlimited undo and redo
- Element morphing, splitting, and reconnection
- Merge nodes in close proximity tool
- Automatic element labeling
- Scaled, schematic, and hybrid environments
- Element prototypes
- Aerial view and dynamic zooming
- Named views library
- Multiple background-layer support
Hydraulics, Operations, and Water Quality
- Steady-state simulation
- Extended-period simulation
- Constituent-concentration analysis
- Multi-species water quality analysis
- Source tracing
- Tank-mixing analysis
- Water-age analysis
- Water quality batch run
- Criticality analysis
- Fire-flow analysis
- Rule-based or logical controls
- Variable-speed pumping, with option to use APEX (Automatic Parameter Estimation eXtension)
- NPSH analysis
- Leakage and sprinkler modeling
- Pressure-dependent demands
- Valve modeling
- System head curves
- Conventional and unidirectional flushing simulations
- Air release valve element
- Top Fill Tank element
- Combination pump curves
- Carbon emission calculation
- Pressure Zone management
- Support Districted Metered Areas (DMA) design
Model Building and Data Connection
- Shapefile, DXF and DGN file, spreadsheet, database, and ODBC connections
- Oracle Spatial support
- GIS-ID property to maintain associations between records in the data source/GIS and elements in the model
- SCADAConnect for live data connections to and from SCADA systems (available for an additional fee)
- Graphical SCADA element
- Customer Meter element
- Lateral link (no need to split pipes)
- Automatic demand allocation from geospatial data
- Geospatial demand allocation from customer meters
- Demand allocation from lump-sum geospatial data
- Geospatial-based water consumption projection
- Daily, weekly, monthly, and superimposed patterns
- Unaccounted for water and leakage estimation
- Composite demands global edition
- Area, count, discharge, and population-based loading
- Pipe length-based demand loading
- Elevation extraction from DEM, TIN, and shapefiles
- Elevation extraction from CAD drawings and surfaces
- User-data extensions, including formula based
- Bing Maps support
- Model sync In/Out, update a model or sync out to an external file
- Unlimited scenarios and alternatives
- Comprehensive scenario management
- Tree-based scenario and alternative management
- Global attribute tabular edition
- Scenario and alternative inheritance properties
- Sorting and persistent filtering on tabular reports
- Statistical analysis from tabular reports
- Personalizable engineering libraries
- Dynamic and static selection sets
- Local and global engineering units management
- Sub-model management
- Drawing review tools for connectivity consistency
- Automatic topology review
- Orphaned nodes and dead-end pipes queries
- Change tracking
- Support for ProjectWise
- Thematic mapping with property-based color-coding, symbology, and annotations
- Dynamic, multi-parameter, and multi-scenario graphing
- Scenario and element comparison
- Shapefile contouring
- Advance profiling
- Advanced tabular reporting with FlexTables
- Creation of Google Earth (KML) files
- Publishing of i-models in 2D or 3D, including to Bentley Map Mobile
- Video recording of result animation
- Customizable reports
- Energy cost analysis
- Pump and turbine energy analysis
What is the difference between OpenFlows WaterCAD and OpenFlows WaterGEMS?
WaterGEMS is a superset of WaterCAD. WaterGEMS includes a standalone version plus the ability to integrate with three platforms MicroStation, AutoCAD, and ArcGIS. For an additional cost, WaterCAD can integrate with the AutoCAD platform where you get the standalone, MicroStation, and AutoCAD versions. WaterCAD cannot be integrated with ArcGIS. And WaterGEMS comes with six modules that are not included in WaterCAD: 1) Pipe Renewal Planner 2) Darwin Designer 3) Darwin Calibrator 4) Darwin Scheduler 5) Skelebrator 6) SCADAConnect
Get more information about WaterCAD today...
WaterGEMS and WaterCAD helped us evaluate the improvement proposals for the Olinda supply system, which will benefit over 250,000 inhabitants, workers, and visitors in the region. This is just one example of how valuable this capability can be for basic sanitation companies, as it helps to improve human living conditions. Bentley is a key contributor to this process.Vanessa Finamore Miranda, Environmental and Sanitary Engineer, Enorsul
Your peers were also interested in...
Hydraulic calculator software
Efficiently calculate and solve for any unknown property, design for any desired characteristic, and produce detailed reports and rating curves on the fly with FlowMaster.
Water hammer and transient analysis software
Quickly identify, manage, and mitigate the risks associated with transients in your water distribution or wastewater system with HAMMER.
Water distribution design and analysis software
Hydraulic modeling software, WaterGEMS helps you analyze, design, and optimize your water distribution systems.