CHF 2,350 – CHF 11,759 12 month subscription license
- Model sanitary and combined sewer systems
- Analyze inlet capacities
- Build and manage hydraulic models
- Design and analyze ponds and outlets
Learn more about what OpenFlows SewerGEMS can do for you...
What is SewerGEMS?
Easy-to-use advanced engineering software, you can use SewerGEMS to analyze, design, and operate sanitary and combined sewer systems. Decrease decision risks by ensuring that the model uses the best available data, built-in hydraulic and hydrology capabilities, and a variety of wet-weather calibration methods. Create what-if scenarios to gain a better understanding of wastewater systems to make smarter decisions and improve your response times. SCADA integration provides you with reliable model results, improves capacity and limits sewer overflows, which ultimately enable you to comply with sewer regulations set by regulatory agencies.
- Work in multiple platforms
Flatten learning curves by choosing the environment that works best for you. With superior interoperability, SewerGEMS helps users get results that can be visualized on multiple platforms. You can choose from these platforms:
- Windows standalone for ease of use, accessibility, and performance
- ArcGIS for GIS integration, thematic mapping, and publishing
- MicroStation for bridging geospatial planning and engineering design environments
- OpenRoads Designer, OpenSite Designer, and OpenRail Designer for a comprehensive 3D modeling solution
- AutoCAD for convenient CAD layout and drafting
- Jumpstart the model building process
Leverage geospatial data, CAD drawings, SCADA data, databases, and spreadsheets to quickly kickstart modeling building processes. Easily connect with virtually any digital data format and synchronize database connections, geospatial links, and advanced model-building modules. And guarantee a hydraulically coherent model using the drawing and connectivity review capabilities.
- Allocate and estimate wastewater and stormwater loading
Assign sewer loads based on a variety of GIS-based sources such as customer water-use billing data, area-wide flow measurement, or polygons with known population or land use. Input and save an unlimited number of flow patterns, to accurately model flow changes over the course of a day. Load models with wet weather runoff flows derived from precipitation, using built-in rainfall distributions, or user-defined rainfall events. Runoff flows are modeled and calibrated using a choice of hydrograph methods, including RTK, SCS, Modified Rational, EPA-SWMM, or user-defined generic unit hydrographs. Users can also load the model based on property connections. Loading can be applied as user-defined hydrographs, pattern-based loads, and unit loads. Access and customize the comprehensive unit (dry weather) load engineering library with numerous typical unit loads based on population, area, count, and discharge.
- Easy model management with scenarios
Evaluate design, operational, sanitary loading, and network topology strategies for better decision-making support. Configure, evaluate, visualize, and compare an unlimited number of scenarios within a single file using the Scenario Management Center.
- Advanced analysis
Model the effect that low impact development controls have in retaining runoff before it enters the sewer system. Model hydrogen sulfide formation, with a view to decreasing the risk of pipe damage from H2S formation, preventing odor complaints, and improving workers’ safety.
- Multiple solvers
When analyzing, switch among multiple solvers, according to the type of system. To solve the Saint Venant equations, choose between SewerGEMS’ explicit EPA solver based on SWMM and the implicit dynamic wave engine. These two dynamic engines account for storage effects within structures and quantify overflows should they occur. The convex/gradually varied flow solver uses convex routing to determine gravity sewer flows and gradually varied flow (backwater analysis) to determine hydraulic properties once the flow is known. With the rational/gradually varied flow solver, peak flows in the storm sewer system are calculated using the rational method. Use this solver to analyze peak flow conditions, or to automatically design storm sewers.
How much is SewerGEMS?
A practitioner license of OpenFlows SewerGEMS costs $2,400 - $12,010 USD at Virtuosity.com depending on the desired pipes. To see the price in your local currency, select your currency at the bottom of this page. While there are various types of licensing available, a common choice is the 12-month practitioner license offered through Virtuosity, Bentley's eCommerce store. When you purchase through Virtuosity you get a Virtuoso Subscription. This means you get the software and Keys (tokens) to redeem for customizable training, mentoring, and consulting services.
See more FAQs about SewerGEMS below.
Expert services and tailored training, when and where you need it.
At Virtuosity, we understand how important it is to get the most out of every working moment. You need to limit downtime, and use each software application to its fullest potential. There is just no time to spare. That's why every software purchase through Virtuosity comes as a bundle with “Keys” or credits that can be redeemed for expert services and training, so you can get started right away. Learn more about our training options.We call this bundle the Virtuoso Subscription.
Each practitioner license comes with a number of "Keys" and you can always purchase additional "Keys" as you go.
There is a menu of expert services and training options that you can redeem your "Keys" for:
|Quick start training
Virtual classroom training is a great way to quick-start your success.
|1 key||2 hours|
|Recorded online sessions
OnDemand sessions can be very helpful and convenient. They include information on the latest software, workflows, and systems.
|1 key||2 hours|
Standard training offers a thorough understanding of general features, workflows and tools of the application.
|1 key||4 hours|
With tailored training you can set your own agenda for training and get something to suit your specific requirements.
|1 key||2 hours|
If you have a challenging or unique project, you may choose to expand your team with one of our experts.
|1 key||2 hours|
Get one-on-one mentoring from a product expert. Choose from a variety of topics including design, analysis, and modeling techniques.
|1 key||2 hours|
Interface and Graphical Editing
- Standalone Windows interface included
- Dynamic elevation updates from terrain models
- Ribbon interface improves usability
- Ability to run within
- ArcGIS (ArcMap license required)
- AutoCAD (icense required)
- MicroStation (license required)
- OpenRoads Designer, OpenSite Designer, and OpenRail Designer (licenses required)
- Unlimited undo/redo of layout and editing
- Element morphing, splitting, and reconnection
- Merge nodes in close proximity tool
- Automatic element labeling
- Scaled, schematic, and hybrid environments
- Element prototypes (one-click setup)
- Dynamic zooming
- Multiple background file support
- Image, CAD, and GIS background layer support
- Ability to add online Bing Maps as background
- Automatic input and result fields filtering (based on solver used)
Interoperability and Model Building
- Single set of model files for all compatible interfaces
- Import/export of InRoads Storm and Sanitary files
- Import of MX Drainage files
- Automated catchment delineation
- Shapefile, Geodatabase, Geometric Network, and SDE support
- Polyline-to-pipe conversion from DXF and DWG files
- Oracle Locator and Oracle Spatial data connection
- GIS-ID property (to maintain associations between records in source file and elements in model)
- Automatic catchment delineation
- SCADAConnect for live data connections (from SCADA systems)
- Seed files (new model template)
- Spreadsheet, database, shapefile, and ODBC connections
- Automated assignment of elevation data to manhole elements
- Unified file format with SewerCAD, CivilStorm, and StormCAD
- Automatic elevation updates using terrain models
Hydraulics and Operations
- Two engines for solving the full set of St. Venant equations included
- Implicit dynamic engine included
- Explicit dynamic engine included (EPA-SWMM)
- Energy Cost analysis
- Gradually varied flow-convex engine included (SewerCAD’s engine)
- Extended period simulations
- Steady-state simulations
- Automatic constraint-based design for sanitary and storm sewers
- Gradually varied flow-rational engine included (StormCAD’s engine)
- Peak flow simulations
- Evaporation definition
- Long-term continuous simulation
- HEC-22 inlet capacity calculations
- HEC-22 node headloss calculations
- SWMM Culvert Support
- Tractive Stress calculations
- Critical Storm analysis
- Support for V-shaped and parabolic gutters
- Support for culvert headwalls and endwalls
- Aquifer simulation
- Control structures (weirs, orifices, depth-flow curve)
- Rule-based controls
- Pollution analysis with optional definition of land use categories and land surface characteristics
- Variable-speed pumping
- Flow profile methods: capacity and backwater analysis
- Totalizing flow meters
- Air valves for high points in force mains
- SCADA element
- Low impact development control analysis
- Hydrogen sulfide formation modeling
- Direct ArcMap visualization and mapping
- Thematic mapping
- Dynamic, multi-parameter, and multi-scenario graphing
- Advanced dynamic profiling
- Advanced tabular reporting with FlexTables®
- Property-based color coding and symbology
- Property-based annotation
- Publishing of i-models in 2D or 3D, including to Bentley Map Mobile
- Engineering profile annotation tables
- Create custom reports
- Generate AVI files
- Gutter cross section viewer
- Ability to track model changes by user, date, element, and more
- Custom data fields (with user-assigned or formula-based values)
- Unlimited scenarios and alternatives
- Comprehensive scenario management
- Scenario comparison
- Tabular reports global editing
- Sorting and persistent filtering on tabular reports
- Statistical analysis from tabular reports
- Customizable engineering libraries
- Dynamic and static selection sets
- Automatic topology review
- Orphaned node and dead-end pipe queries
- Sub-model management
- Surface water flow direction displayed across any terrain
- Support for ProjectWise
Sanitary Load Allocation and Estimation
- Automatic sanitary load allocation from geospatial data
- Geospatial load allocation from billing meters
- Load allocation using flow monitoring distribution
- Land use-based load distribution
Stormwater Load Allocation and Estimation
- Runoff methods: SCS Unit Hydrograph, Modified Rational Method, EPA SWMM, RTK Unit Hydrograph, generic Unit Hydrograph, Time-Area Method, ILSAX and user-defined hydrograph
- Time of concentration methods: User-defined, Carter, Eagleson, Espey/ Winslow, Federal Aviation Agency, Kerby/Hathaway, Kirpich (PA and TN), Length and Velocity, SCS Lag, TR-55 Sheet Flow, TR-55 Shallow Concentrated Flow, TR-55 Channel Flow, Friend, Kinematic Wave, Bransby-Williams, and UK standard
- Loss Methods: Constant loss rate, Green and Ampt, Horton, Initial Loss and Constant Fraction, Initial Loss and Constant Loss Rate, SCS Curve Number
PondMaker: Pond Outlet Design
- Automatic update of worksheet containing design data for multiple design trials of a single pond
- Multiple pond designs possible
- Maximum outflow rates establishment (user-defined or pre-development flows)
- Post-development pond inflows computation
- Pond size requirements estimation
- Pond geometry design (grading plan or underground storage)
- Outlet structure design
- Pre- and post-development peak flow and volume comparison
- Hydrograph routing through ponds
Refer to the ‘Installation Requirements’ section of the SewerGEMS ReadMe file.
SewerGEMS runs without platform restrictions as a standalone application. It also runs from within ArcGIS, AutoCAD, MicroStation, OpenRoads Designer, OpenRail Designer, and OpenSite Designer. The requirements are also available in the SewerGEMS ReadMe file.
What is the difference between OpenFlows SewerCAD and SewerGEMS?
SewerGEMS is a superset of SewerCAD. SewerCAD is currently not available for sale on Virtuosity.com but is available on Bentley.com/SewerCAD.
- SewerGEMS includes a standalone version plus the ability to integrate with three platforms MicroStation, AutoCAD, and ArcGIS. SewerGEMS’ full GIS, CAD, and SCADA interoperability enables the cost-effective sharing and flow of information between utilities’ design, engineering, GIS, and operation departments, and their consultants. SewerCAD only comes in a standalone version or AutoCAD.
- SewerCAD has a gradually varied flow engine for steady-state and extended period simulations for system design and rehabilitation that analyzes sanitary sewer networks under peak flow conditions with convex routing hydraulics. SewerGEMS uses a fully dynamic engine to help you accurately model looped networks, flow splits, overflows, and storage capacity.
Do I have to use SewerGEMS inside of ArcGIS?
No. SewerGEMS can be used as a standalone product. Additionally, enjoy the power and versatility of working across multiple applications with superior interoperability. Choose from Windows standalone, ArcGIS for GIS integration, MicroStation, and AutoCAD.
Do I have to purchase functional modules for SewerGEMS?
No. Unlike other platforms, SewerGEMS includes all calculation capabilities.
What is the difference between SewerGEMS and SWMM?
SewerGEMS has an easier to use interface.
Get more information about SewerGEMS today...
For developing the feasibility studies and detailed project report for a complex collection system in Moradabad City, SewerGEMS has truly been a boon to us.Mr. B.R. Gupta/Mr. Sanjay Guleria Project Managers, Project Managers, NJS Engineers India
Your peers were also interested in...
Water hammer and transient analysis software
Quickly identify, manage, and mitigate the risks associated with transients in your water distribution or wastewater system with HAMMER.
Hydraulic calculator software
Efficiently calculate and solve for any unknown property, design for any desired characteristic, and produce detailed reports and rating curves on the fly with FlowMaster.
Water distribution design and analysis software
Hydraulic modeling software, WaterGEMS helps you analyze, design, and optimize your water distribution systems.