- Deliver high-quality pond design projects
- Leverage and import virtually any external data format to jumpstart your model
- Model complex pond scenarios and simulate tidal and tailwater effects
- Design and analyze culverts
Learn more about what PondPack can do for you...
What is PondPack?
PondPack is a versatile detention pond analysis and design software to model any project from basic site designs to complex drainage studies with unlimited ponds. You can model rainfall and runoff from urban and rural watersheds to design detention and retention facilities, outlet structures, and channels.
- Complete system analysis and interconnected pond modeling
The robust PondPack analysis engine enables you to compute outlet rating curves with tailwater effects, accounts for pond infiltration, calculates pond detention times, analyzes channels, and performs interconnected pond routing with divergent (multiple) outfalls.
In many scenarios, downstream conditions cause backwater effects that influence the performance of detention pond outlet structures. A pond may discharge to another pond that is close in elevation, or to a location influenced by downstream tidal effects or flooding. With the advanced PondPack Interconnected Pond Modeling (ICPM) capabilities, you can model these complex scenarios with confidence.
- New interface and CAD interoperability
PondPack’s new graphical user interface streamlines network layout, data entry, and output viewing. You have the option to add DXF, Shapefiles or raster background layers(e.g. aerial photos), and trace catchments, ponds and channels over the top to scale.
Both PondPack stand-alone and PondPack for AutoCAD versions include a stand-alone interface and can run in MicroStation and OpenRoads for enhanced stormwater civil workflows. PondPack for AutoCAD can also be run in AutoCAD.
PondPack handles an unlimited number of synthetic or real storm events of any duration or distribution. You can choose from a number of standard and regionalized methods such as: SCS 24-hour Type I, IA, II, and II rainfall distributions, Bulletin 70 and 71 rainfall distribution data for the Midwest U.S., gauged rainfall data, rainfall curves created from I-D-F data, I-D-F curves, and more.
For catchment runoff computations, users can choose from the SCS Runoff CN method, the Santa Barbara unit hydrograph, user defined unit hydrograph, the Modified Rational Method or Rational Q/Qp templates. You can also add an unlimited number of user defined hydrographs throughout the watershed.
Catchment infiltration losses can be computed using the SCS Method, the Green-Ampt equation, the Horton equation, or by entering a constant infiltration rate. You can calculate the time of concentration quickly and accurately, even when there are several possible flow paths to consider. PondPack offers you the choice of modeling infiltration from a pond to the surrounding soil using a constant flow rate, or rates that vary depending on the depth of water in the pond.
- Simple step-by-step pond and outlet design
PondPack PondMaker guides you through the pond design process by providing an easy step-by-step interface that gives them constant feedback on how the design is progressing. You can explicitly set the allowable pond outflow rate, or let PondMaker automatically apply predeveloped conditions for multiple storm events. PondMaker also assists you by keeping track of information such as target outflows, pond volume estimates, outlet structure design trials, peak pond outflows, and maximum water surface elevations for multiple storm events and/or multiple ponds.
- Comprehensive scenario management
The Scenario Management Center in PondPack gives you full control to configure, run, evaluate, visualize, and compare an unlimited number of scenarios within a single file. You can easily make decisions by comparing alternative designs for a variety of storm events and system conditions (including pre- and post-development).
How much is OpenFlows PondPack?
A practitioner license of OpenFlows PondPack costs $2,400 USD at Virtuosity.com. To see the price in your local currency, select your currency at the bottom of this page. While there are various types of licensing available, a common choice is the 12-month practitioner license offered through Virtuosity, Bentley's eCommerce store. When you purchase through Virtuosity you get a Virtuoso Subscription. This means you get the software and Keys (tokens) to redeem for customizable training, mentoring, and consulting services.
Expert services and tailored training, when and where you need it.
At Virtuosity, we understand how important it is to get the most out of every working moment. You need to limit downtime, and use each software application to its fullest potential. There is just no time to spare. That's why every software purchase through Virtuosity comes as a bundle with “Keys” or credits that can be redeemed for expert services and training, so you can get started right away. Learn more about our training options.We call this bundle the Virtuoso Subscription.
Each practitioner license comes with a number of "Keys" and you can always purchase additional "Keys" as you go.
There is a menu of expert services and training options that you can redeem your "Keys" for:
|Quick start training
Virtual classroom training is a great way to quick-start your success.
|1 key||2 hours|
|Recorded online sessions
OnDemand sessions can be very helpful and convenient. They include information on the latest software, workflows, and systems.
|1 key||2 hours|
Standard training offers a thorough understanding of general features, workflows and tools of the application.
|1 key||4 hours|
With tailored training you can set your own agenda for training and get something to suit your specific requirements.
|1 key||2 hours|
If you have a challenging or unique project, you may choose to expand your team with one of our experts.
|1 key||2 hours|
Get one-on-one mentoring from a product expert. Choose from a variety of topics including design, analysis, and modeling techniques.
|1 key||2 hours|
Interface and Graphical Editing
- Stand-alone Windows interface
- Runs in MicroStation (MicroStation license required), OpenRoads Designer (OpenRoads Designer license required), AutoCAD (AutoCAD and PondPack for AutoCAD required)
- Unlimited undo and redo
- Element morphing, splitting, and reconnection
- Automatic element labeling
- Scaled, schematic, and hybrid environments
- Element prototypes
- Dynamic zooming
- Aerial and Named view
- Image, CAD, and GIS background layer support
- Single set of model files for four compatible platforms
- Bidrectional synchronized Shapefile, database, spreadsheet, and ODBC connections
- Polyline-to-pipe connections from DXF and DWG files
- Oracle Locator/Spatial data connections
- OpenRoads Designer import/export (pond elevation-volume data)
- GIS-ID property (maintain associations between records in source file and elements in a model)
- Unlimited scenarios and alternatives
- Scenario management
- Active topology (activate or deactivate network elements)
- Tabular reports with global editing, sorting, and filtering
- Dynamic (query based) and static selection sets
- Element selection by polygon
- Element selection inversion
- Table opening on selection
- Engineering-units management
- Drawing review tools
- Automatic topology review
- Network navigator
- Orphaned node and dead-end pipe queries
- Hyperlinks for network elements
- User-data extensions
- ProjectWise integration (including engineering libraries)
- Customized engineering libraries for: conduit, curve number (CN), culvert inlet coefficient, rainfall curve, material, Q/Qp template, unit hydrograph, storage chamber, storm event, vortex valve, weir depth coefficient, weir submergence
- Import of PondPack V8 engineering library data (.plb) files • Import of PondPack V9 and V10 engineering library data (.plb) files
- Import of PondPack V10 data management center (*.plb) files
- Submodel import/export
Presentation of Results
- Report Builder: per element, all elements, index, summary
- Thematic mapping
- Dynamic, multi-parameter, and multi-scenario graphing
- Advanced tabular reporting with
- Property-based color coding, annotation, and symbology
- DXF export
- Scaled print of network view
PondMaker: Pond Outlet Design
- Automatic update of worksheet containing design data for multiple design trials of a single pond
- Multiple pond designs possible
- Establishment of maximum outflow rates (pre-development or user defined flows)
- Post-development pond inflows computation
- Pond size requirements estimation
- Pond geometry design (grading plan or underground storage).
- Outlet structure design
- Pre- and post-development peak flow and volume comparison
- Hydrograph routing through ponds
Hydraulics and Calculators
- Underground detention chambers (including data from CULTEC)
- Vortex valves (including data from Hydro International)
- Calculators: first flush, estimated storage (overlay hydrographs), minimum drain time, estimate storage (rational method QPeak), estimated storage (peak flows), TR-55 tabular method, TR-55 graphical peak and storage, SCS CN volume
- Channel types: circular, rectangular, trapezoidal, parabolic, irregular
- Routing methods – For channels: modified Puls, Muskingum, translation. For ponds: level pond routing, interconnected ponds
- Outlet types: user-defined rating, culvert (box, circular), stand pipe, inlet box, circular orifice, orifice area, weir (rectangular, V-notched, irregular), vortex valve
- Water quality: first flush volume, minimum drain time, detention time estimation
- Unlimited number of return events, using SCS 24-hour Type I, IA, II, & II rainfall distributions, Bulletin 70 and 71 rainfall distribution data for the Midwest U.S., Gauged rainfall data, I-D-F curves
- Rainfall data input: dimensionless curves with total depth, time-depth curves, user-defined Intensity-Duration-Frequency (IDF) table, IDF curve equation
- Time of concentration methods: user-defined, Carter, Eagleson, Espey/Winslow, Federal Aviation Agency, Kerby/Hathaway, Kirpich (PA), Kirpich (TN), length and velocity, SCS lag, TR-55 sheet flow, TR-55 shallow concentrated flow, TR-55 channel flow
- Peak flow & hydrograph methods:SCS graphical peak discharge method, rational method, SCS unit hydrograph method, modified rational method, Santa Barbara urban hydrograph, user-defined unit hydrograph, user-defined hydrograph
Per minimum operating system requirements
Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64, Windows XP (SP2 or later), Windows XP x64, Windows Server 2003 (SP1 or later), Windows Server 2003 x64, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 x64
Per minimum operating system requirements
300 MB of free storage space, with additional room for data files
800 x 600 resolution, 256 colors
Microsoft .NET Framework (Installer will attempt to download and install this prerequisite if it is not present during installation)
PondPack runs without platform restrictions using the stand-alone interface. If integration with CAD platforms is desired, these are the requirements: MicroStation V8i, AutoCAD 2009 and 2010, PowerCivil V8i.
Get more information about PondPack today...
TUSPL used StormCAD, WaterGEMS, and PondPack to design a fresh and recyclable water supply distribution network, and Bentley Substation was used for the design of the power supplyTandon Urban Solutions Pvt. Ltd., TUSPL
Your peers were also interested in...
Stormwater modeling and analysis software
CivilStorm is a fully dynamic, multi-platform, hydraulic modeling solution developed for the analysis of complex stormwater systems.
Wastewater and stormwater management software
Sewer management software, SewerGEMS provides advanced engineering tools to plan, design, maintain, and operate sanitary and combined sewer systems.
Hydraulic calculator software
Efficiently calculate and solve for any unknown property, design for any desired characteristic, and produce detailed reports and rating curves on the fly with FlowMaster.