- Customize environment for fast, easy, and reliable workflows
- Perform pressure pipe design
- Design and analyze inlet and gutter, open channel, weirs, and orifices
Learn more about what OpenFlows FlowMaster can do for you...
What is FlowMaster?
FlowMaster is an efficient calculator used in the design and analysis of dozens of element types, such as pressure pipes, open channels, weirs, orifices, and inlets. Replace the error-prone spreadsheet process and switch to FlowMaster for reliable calculations on a wide variety of hydraulic elements.
- Customize environments for fast, easy, and reliable workflows
Use a flexible interface to work on multiple projects simultaneously, organize worksheets in folders, and save them for future use. Configure toolbars and dock windows to match your workflows. Engineering libraries require main data to be entered only once, so it can be reused over and over.
- Perform pressure pipe design
Design by plugging in known information, or conduct quick checks to automatically solve for pipe length, start and stop elevations and pressures, discharge, diameter, or roughness.
- Design and analyze inlet and gutter
Use calculations based on the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Hydraulic Engineering Circular No. 12 and Circular No. 22 methodologies to design and analyze grate, curb, ditch, slotted, and combination inlets. When working in sag or on grade conditions, a continuous or locally depressed gutter can be considered; water spread and gutter depth for a gutter or pavement section can also be calculated.
- Design and analyze open channel
Model any shape including circular, box, elliptical, parabolic, and irregular channels of ditches and free surface pipes. Under uniform flow, quickly solve for discharge, capacity, normal depth, channel dimensions, slope, or roughness. Compare the results using different friction methods and perform gradually varied flow calculations. Generate profile views from the calculated results and view the points in tabular form.
- Design and analyze weirs and orifices
Size your weirs considering discharge, weir coefficients, and crest, headwater, and tailwater elevations for the following types: Rectangular, V-notch, Cipolletti, broad crested, or a custom type. Design rectangular, circular and generic orifice structures accounting for submergence, and produce rating tables and curves for various headwater and tailwater elevations.
Does FlowMaster work within other design programs or Bentley's design products?
No, FlowMaster is a stand-alone calculation tool. You can use FlowMaster to check calculations at specific cross sections.
What is the difference between FlowMaster and OpenFlows SewerGEMS?
Engineers use FlowMaster to check calculations at specific cross sections. SewerGEMS is used to analyze the entire drainage network.
Interface, Editing, and Model Management
- Built-in interactive tutorials
- Project Explorer (projects display and management)
- Element worksheets (for convenient data input)
- Customizable engineering libraries
- Material engineering libraries
- Global engineering-units management
- Support for ProjectWise
- Flow algorithms: uniform, critical, gradually varied flow (for free surface flow)
- Friction-loss methods: Kutter, Manning, Darcy-Weisbach: Swamee and Jain, Darcy-Weisbach: Colebrook-White, Hazen-Williams
- Open channels: rectangular, triangle, trapezoidal, gutter, parabolic, irregular
- Pipes: pressure, circular, box, elliptical, irregular
- Weirs: rectangular sharp-crested, V-notch sharp-crested, Cipolletti sharp-crested, submerged sharpcrested, broad-crested, triangular, and trapezoidal
- Orifices: rectangular, circular, generic (including the modeling of sluice gates)
- Inlets: » HEC-12 and HEC-22 flow computation methodologies » Flows in gutter on grade, including uniform gutter cross slope and composite gutter section » Flow in ditch or median section on grade » Inlet types (on grade and in slag): grate, curb opening, ditch, combination, slotted drain
- Summarized and detailed reports of inputs and outputs
- Advanced tabular reporting with filtering and sorting capabilities
- Rating tables
- Rating curves
- Gradually varied flow profile graphs and tables
- Cross section plots
As per minimum operating system requirement
Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003
As per minimum operating system requirements
150 MB of free storage space (with additional room for data files)
Get more information about FlowMaster today...
Foth analyzed flood elevations for the stream realignment using FlowMaster and CulvertMaster and applied LEAP Bridge for the structural design and analysis of the bridge. The interoperability of Bentley tools resulted in a comprehensive 3D rendering of the entire project.Foth Infrastructure & Environment, Iowa, USA
Your peers were also interested in...
Water distribution design and analysis software
Hydraulic modeling software, WaterGEMS helps you analyze, design, and optimize your water distribution systems.
Flood modeling and risk management software
Accurately model and simulate extreme events using accurate and reliable flood risk analysis data to diminish impacts to human safety, decrease damages to infrastructure, and reduce loss to the economy.
Wastewater and stormwater management software
Sewer management software, SewerGEMS provides advanced engineering tools to plan, design, maintain, and operate sanitary and combined sewer systems.