- Marina Trevizolli and Satadal Dhar
- Affordable, convenient, online training
- Tailor-made training for specific needs
- Mentoring to address workflow or other needs
This featured training is the final part of the series PLAXIS Automation Trainings will be focusing on the PLAXIS Output program. After building up a FE model in the PLAXIS Input program and after calculating it, the results can be viewed in a separate application: the PLAXIS Output program. Automation is at this stage often very much needed to automate repetitive results post-processing work.
PLAXIS Output, apart from its main graphical interface, also has a command line interpreter for accessing any calculation results. To access all the available information, the different Output objects related to the available results (deformations, stresses, excess pore pressures) and plots will first be explained. The main intention of the Output command line interpreter is to be used in automating the post-processing of the results. It will be demonstrated how easy and efficient Python is in assisting in making the retrieval and process of the results and save valuable time in post-processing work! Various examples will be provided during the training to demonstrate the functionality of Output when used in the framework of the Python scripting interface. These will cover retrieving results for soil and structures, setting up a plot area, exporting a plot and saving results in a text file for further post-processing. Finally, a Python script to identify a calculation failure and prepare a report with relevant Output plots and results will be presented.
After this training, you will know:
• Understand the object structure of PLAXIS Output
• How to use the command line to retrieve results for soil and structures
• How to create plots and export them
• How to automate a process relevant to a predefined scenario
The course is divided in the following parts and topic:
Part I – Recap of command structures
• Command structure and Python
• Materials and Staged construction Scripts
Part II - Automation in PLAXIS Output for OT
• Output’s command line and objects
• Output’s command line and objects – Part II
• Automation in PLAXIS Output – Python examples
Part III - Combining PLAXIS Input and Output
• Connect Input and Output for integrated automation
• Bonus script – Python example
The training is imparted by Marina Trevizolli and Satadal Dhar
Overall time duration: Approx. 2 hours.