- Marina Trevizolli and Satadal Dhar
- Affordable, convenient, online training
- Tailor-made training for specific needs
- Mentoring to address workflow or other needs
After the introduction to Python scripting in part I, this second session will demonstrate more advanced examples using the PLAXIS Python wrapper for the definition of more sophisticated automation scripts. One of the biggest challenges in setting up a geotechnical model, is the definition of the parameters for the used soil models. In this featured Training we will start with showing how to create a Soil material dataset and a Structural material dataset using just a Python script.
After the FE model has been setup in PLAXIS, the phase definition must be performed and start a calculation. A demonstration using Python will be conducted to activate and deactivate elements, switch materials, and set e.g. load values. Once your script has been optimized, you may want to share your Python script with your colleagues. But not all of them want to use (Python) codes. This Training session will present a way to share Python scripting code with peers such that they do not need to see any script and can just select it from a menu item from PLAXIS toolbars.
After this training, you will know:
Python scripting interface in more advanced ways.
• Create and edit material datasets just using Python.
• Set up a staged construction sequence.
• Create and share a script within your office, even for people who do not want to write code
The course is divided in the following parts and topic:
• Command structure to Python Script
• Material dataset for structures
• Staged construction
• Optimizing wall length example
• Sharing: Run script from PLAXIS Input menu
The training is imparted by Marina Trevizolli and Satadal Dhar
Overall time duration: Approx. 2 hours.