- Analyze simulations
- Record and playback simulations
- Simulate movement
- Visualize simulations
Learn more about what LEGION Simulator can do for you...
What is LEGION Simulator?
LEGION Simulator enables you to simulate people movement in order to explore various design alternatives. Its data-rich analysis output supports infrastructure assets that range from metro stations and airports to stadiums and shopping malls. With LEGION Simulator, you can accurately test designs and plans to enhance footfall, wayfinding, crowd management, safety, and security strategies.
- Collaborate Faster & More Easily
When working with various project team members on tight timelines it’s important to have access to the most up-to-date data. LEGION offers a design environment that enables you and your team members to work on models simultaneously, regardless of their location, using a shared set of libraries and workflows. By being able to incorporate data from a wide range of open applications and geospatial formats, users can reduce time spent on re-work and manual data entry.
- Model without restrictions
LEGION Simulator supports complex building geometry and designs, so you can quickly create, visualize, test, and interact with the model to explore various “what if” scenarios. Present within the spatial context of the 3D model including solids, surfaces, meshes, drawings, specifications, images, videos, documents, business data, reports and more.
- Make informed decisions with visualization and predictions
By combining planning information from the LEGION Model input file with the automated predictions of how people move, you can evaluate and visualize traffic flows at a venue before it’s built. Explore a range of scenarios and make informed decisions--and trade-offs--by modeling and simulating up-front.
How much does LEGION Simulator cost?
A practitioner license of LEGION Simulator costs $9,079 USD at Virtuosity.com. Prices vary per region. To see the price in your region, select your region at the bottom of the page. While there are various types of licensing available, a common choice is the 12-month practitioner license offered through Virtuosity, Bentley's eCommerce store. When you purchase through Virtuosity you get a Virtuoso Subscription. This means you get the software and "Keys" (tokens) to redeem for customizable training, mentoring, and consulting services.
Expert services and tailored training, when and where you need it.
At Virtuosity, we understand how important it is to get the most out of every working moment. You need to limit downtime, and use each software application to its fullest potential. There is just no time to spare. That's why every software purchase through Virtuosity comes as a bundle with “Keys” or credits that can be redeemed for expert services and training, so you can get started right away. Learn more about our training options.We call this bundle the Virtuoso Subscription.
Each practitioner license comes with a number of "Keys" and you can always purchase additional "Keys" as you go.
There is a menu of expert services and training options that you can redeem your "Keys" for:
|Quick start training
Virtual classroom training is a great way to quick-start your success.
|1 key||2 hours|
|Recorded online sessions
OnDemand sessions can be very helpful and convenient. They include information on the latest software, workflows, and systems.
|1 key||2 hours|
Standard training offers a thorough understanding of general features, workflows and tools of the application.
|1 key||4 hours|
With tailored training you can set your own agenda for training and get something to suit your specific requirements.
|1 key||2 hours|
If you have a challenging or unique project, you may choose to expand your team with one of our experts.
|1 key||2 hours|
Get one-on-one mentoring from a product expert. Choose from a variety of topics including design, analysis, and modeling techniques.
|1 key||2 hours|
Principle of Least Effort
- Uses the concept of least effort, or least cost, as the basis of pedestrian logic
- Dissatisfaction is caused by physical and psychological factors that lower journey quality. Factors that contribute to dissatisfaction:
- Inconvenience - desire line divergence stress
- Discomfort - personal space compression stress
- Frustration - preferred speed relinquishment stress
Unbounded Movement Choice
- Model space is continuous, rather than structured, based on a pixel grid
- Select any vector when optimizing step choice to satisfy individual preferences and objectives in the context of changing physical constraints
- This approach follows a two-stage process:
- The selection of an entity’s desired direction to its next target, from its current position
- Represented by a sequence of intermediate, focal targets that trace the shortest path from an entity’s location to the place where it leaves the model (or reaches its final destination)
- Uses advanced, proprietary, artificial intelligence algorithms to apply micro-navigation to its entities, within a simulation
- Algorithms enable entities to exhibit realistic pedestrian movement
- Entities have an area of perception that adjusts dynamically, based on instantaneous information and accumulated memories
- Entities assess information to decide their best immediate step
- Micro-navigation algorithm takes several important considerations into account, including:
- Early detection and avoidance of physical obstacles
- Accommodation of personal space, preferred speed and more
- Maneuvering to avoid collisions
- Learning from accumulated memories
- The ability to adjust individual preferences and attributes
- Social, physical, and behavioral characteristics are assigned probabilistically from established profiles
- Social characteristics include gender, age, culture and pedestrian type, all of which shape typical movement preferences
- Physical characteristics determine body sizes
- Behavioral characteristics include memory, adaptability, and preferences for unimpeded walking speeds, personal space, and acceleration
Output and Analyses
- Numerical and graphical outputs derived from a LEGION Simulator model and user-defined areas, interrogated to provide user-defined combinations of these, based on user-defined thresholds
- Measure and quantify the performance of a site with respect to experience, circulation, and safety
- Key metrics include counts, flows, distances, densities, journey times, speeds, levels of service, and more
- Heat maps provide intuitive overviews to help identify areas requiring deeper analyses, including line graphs, histograms, stacked histograms, cumulative data, or even raw data, which can then be used for statistical analyses
LEGION Model Builder allows you to create predictive models of how a space will be used.
- Import architectural drawings (CAD) to define physical spaces available for pedestrian use
- Specify the anticipated pedestrian demand for the space
- Designate areas where interim activities such as queuing or waiting occur
- Link operational data to the model
- Plan routes and automatically lay out navigation maps
- Export model files for simulation and analysis in LEGION Simulator
LEGION Simulator API
- LEGION Simulator API allows users to add pedestrian models to external applications. One existing application is the integration with traffic simulation software Aimsun Next.
- Two interaction methods are possible:
- Aimsun Next provides pedestrian infrastructure elements modeled using the LEGION Simulator API. This minimizes user effort to include pedestrians in Aimsun Next models. LEGION modeling experience is not required. Models are built separately, but the background geometry must be the same; crossings and other interaction areas must be built in both.
- For users experienced with LEGION modeling, any complexity of LEGION model is possible.
Intel i5, i7, or Xeon processor of at least 3GHz
Windows 7, 8 or 10, 32-bit or 64-bit
At least 8 GB of RAM for 32-bit edition and 16GB for the 64-bit edition
100 GB of spare disk space on a fast (7,200 rpm or above) hard drive (to store several large results files)
Video Graphics Card
Dedicated graphics card with at least 1 GB memory and full OpenGL support
Microsoft Excel 2007 or later to enable data file input. LEGION supports all Excel file formats, including ‘xlsx’ and ‘xlsm’
Get more information about LEGION Simulator today...
LEGION was fundamental and decisive for the successful performance of Corinthians-Itaquera station during the opening game of the 2014 FIFA World Cup. It provided the fluidity required to safely serve the public.Fernando Galego Boselli, Architect, Companhia Paulista de Trens Metropolitanos
Your peers were also interested in...
Building design and energy analysis software
Deliver sustainable, high-performance buildings and metro stations in less time using BIM advancements that increase collaboration among architectural, electrical, mechanical, and structural stakeholders.
Computer-aided design and visualization software
A 2D/3D CAD and visualization software, MicroStation helps you draft, model, and visualize infrastructure projects of any type, scale, and complexity.
RAM Structural System
Structural design software for buildings
RAM Structural System is a complete solution for analysis, design, drafting, and documentation for steel and concrete buildings, foundations, and other structural elements.